Phone idle battery consumption

THEPRFCT10

Jul 1, 2011
Visit site
Mine is the main battery hog at 37%!!!! Is this normal? Since I purchased this phone in October I can honestly say I don't remember my battery draining as fast as it is now and this is what I found. Thoughts? Thanks! Screenshot_20230331-164102.jpg

Bob61

Oct 13, 2010
Visit site
I guess it depends on what your use is. If not using it then idle becomes the highest usage. Mine right now shows as 13%. Apps show as 34%.0

Oddly the total for use doesn't add up to 100% for everything. Looks like only 65%...

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
It's more important to look at the actual battery drain. The 37% you're seeing for Phone Idle is just the proportion of total battery usage that's being attributed to Phone Idle. If the battery is draining unusually quickly, then that might be significant, but if the battery is draining relatively normally, then that figure isn't surprising.

Do you recall spending any time recently in an area of poor cell reception ? That's often a reason why Phone Idle might contribute to abnormal battery drain.

It might be worthwhile to install AccuBattery to get more information.

Reactions: Laura Knotek

THEPRFCT10

Jul 1, 2011
Visit site
It's more important to look at the actual battery drain. The 37% you're seeing for Phone Idle is just the proportion of total battery usage that's being attributed to Phone Idle. If the battery is draining unusually quickly, then that might be significant, but if the battery is draining relatively normally, then that figure isn't surprising.

Do you recall spending any time recently in an area of poor cell reception ? That's often a reason why Phone Idle might contribute to abnormal battery drain.

It might be worthwhile to install AccuBattery to get more information.
Yes I think my house is typically poor reception

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kemberley1