Phone keeps freeing

timboe

Jun 19, 2024
Visit site
Hi Everyone

I have recently purchased on eBay an Alcatel 3V 16GB phone which I am having problems with.

The apps on the phone keep freezing, even the main settings app.

When this happens the phone won't let me close any apps and the green circle with the white broom logo on it does nothing.

Even rebooting the phone does not close the frozen apps.

The only way I have found of closing the frozen apps is doing a factory reset which deletes all my data and then the problem happens again shortly afterwards.

Does anyone know how to fix this?

Than you very much.

Last edited:

timboe

Jun 19, 2024
Visit site
Hi Mustang

Thank you very much for your reply.

After rebooting in safe mode, the frozen apps are still not closed and I still can't close them.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Hi Mustang

After rebooting in safe mode, the frozen apps are still not closed and I still can't close them.
Welcome,
Does the phone still freeze, it should disable 3rd party apps to see if they are responsible for phone freezing up

timboe

Jun 19, 2024
Visit site
Hi Mustang

I have just had another look and strangely, the frozen apps have now mysteriously closed themselves since I last looked.

In safe mode without any apps other than settings open, it is currently using 1,4GB out of a total of 2GB of RAM.

Does this mean that I have an inferior phone that basically can't handle any demanding apps?

If yes then I will return it on eBay and find another phone.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Hi Mustang

I have just had another look and strangely, the frozen apps have now mysteriously closed themselves since I last looked.

In safe mode without any apps other than settings open, it is currently using 1,4GB out of a total of 2GB of RAM.

Does this mean that I have an inferior phone that basically can't handle any demanding apps?

If yes then I will return it on eBay and find another phone.
Yeah 2gb ram is too little for today's apps get something with at least 6 or 8 gb of ram