Phone makes wierd noise when camer turn on(not shutter)

poorb0i

Dec 3, 2009
Visit site
I just got my droid and it make kind of a fast pulse quiet mini high pitch beeps when the camera gets turned on. It also does it when I switch out of preview after deleting a picture to take another picture. Its not the shutter sound because the shutter sound different(I can hear what the shutter sounds like when i press shoot button halfway down). Is this phone defective?? It seems fine otherwise(green focus). My phone is 39/09

Adiliyo

Oct 17, 2009
Visit site
it's normal, from what i've gathered, it seems like all the cameras make this noise.

personally, i think it's related to the light (exposure) sensor

equus

Oct 30, 2009
Visit site
I just got my droid and it make kind of a fast pulse quiet mini high pitch beeps when the camera gets turned on. It also does it when I switch out of preview after deleting a picture to take another picture. Its not the shutter sound because the shutter sound different(I can hear what the shutter sounds like when i press shoot button halfway down). Is this phone defective?? It seems fine otherwise(green focus). My phone is 39/09

NO there is NOTHING WRONG with yur phone.......that is normal to let the consumer know that you have accessed the camera app. Enjoy the phone and DONOT worry.

poorb0i

Dec 3, 2009
Visit site
yeah my pictures suck too..definitly not replacing my canon point and shoot...Maybe those who say its good quality have been using kodak cameras?? LOL jk

Adiliyo

Oct 17, 2009
Visit site
i don't think any cameraphone is ever going to replace a point and shoot for even remotely serious picture taking, their CCD's are so small along with their lenses, they're great in a pinch though and since the bug has worked itself out (for now) mine takes pretty good pictures for a phone.

it needs to be much faster though