Phone now rooted how can I SIM unlock?

Anthonaz Wyatt

Mar 21, 2014
Visit site
Ok first I am a noob when it comes to this stuff so forgive me. Recently I was given an at&t S3 SGH-I747 for free. It has Jelly bean 4.3. I started off by trying to unlock the SIM so I could use my T-mobile card following several methods I found online...nothing worked. I then proceded to root the phone which of course Knox killed that effort...until yesterday. The phone updated SuperSu yesterday and allowed me to disable Knox so now its rooted. Now my question is there a way to unlock the SIM now that its rooted?

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
I don't think you need root to unlock, though... Have you tried this? www.unlockphonenetwork.com
I used that to unlock the very model you're trying to unlock. Sure, it's not free, but it's fast and hassle-free. Well worth the 10 bucks to save me the trouble. 30 minutes after the order was placed, they sent me the code and instructions, entered it, voil?! Unlocked S3.

GTWalling

May 18, 2011
Visit site
Option 2 at your link would not be an option. Since he updated to.4.3 it would brick his phone to try to go back to 4.1. The only free option would be to contact AT&T and see if he qualifies for the Unlock code.

ViggyNash

Nov 14, 2014
Visit site
Yeah... except AT&T's new unlock system is complete and utter nonsense, and more importantly it's not guaranteed that they'll send you the right code. I tried that route last December and eventually got a code that didn't work. I tried it again yesterday hoping the system had matured, but they sent the same code again.

Which is why I'm looking for a free method like the op.

Will Parker1

Jan 5, 2015
Visit site
Yeah... except AT&T's new unlock system is complete and utter nonsense, and more importantly it's not guaranteed that they'll send you the right code. I tried that route last December and eventually got a code that didn't work. I tried it again yesterday hoping the system had matured, but they sent the same code again.

Which is why I'm looking for a free method like the op.

I notices when i was going threw the build.prop on my lg optimus l70 ms323 that there Is a thing called keyguard.no_require_sim true. I dont know if that could be anything. And if you do try it not my fault if something bad happens.. only a lvl 10 paladin

bananaguns

Mar 23, 2015
Visit site
I notices when i was going threw the build.prop on my lg optimus l70 ms323 that there Is a thing called keyguard.no_require_sim true. I dont know if that could be anything. And if you do try it not my fault if something bad happens.. only a lvl 10 paladin

That doesn't have anything to do with the carrier lock. I'm almost certain all that does is allow your phone to be used if no SIM is inserted. I wouldn't mess around with the build.prop unless you know what you're changing and/or you have an up to date recovery image.

jeffreyoz

Feb 24, 2015
Visit site
Here's a bit of a bump
This should help immensely
I was browsing around and found an app called GalaxSim Unlock by Spockey
play (dot) google (dot) com/store/apps/details?id=com.spocky.galaxsimunlock&hl=en

Rishad Quraishi

Mar 3, 2016
Visit site
You can try [dubious site redacted by Mod] . I personally found this safest and one of the best unlocking site on the web. You can unlock your phone there without any doubt.

Last edited by a moderator:

ninnmus

Jul 30, 2019
Visit site
Using this method will void your warranty, unlock your device, wipe your applications while maintaining your files.

1) Flash Team Win Recovery Project into Recovery
2) Download a ROM like Android Revolution or Lineage OS
3) Get your GApps downloaded.
4) Reboot into recovery (Home Button, Volume Up and Power)
5) Tap Wipe

# ENSURE WIPE IS SET TO CACHE, DALVIK AND SYSTEM #

6) Slide to wipe.
7) Go to Install and locate the ROM you downloaded.
8) Install it
9) Then when the process has finished, install GApps the same way.
10) Reboot your device and go through the setup.
11) Attempt to plug in another SIM card into the phone.

This method is risky and can mess up if you do something wrong. TWRP has MTP on when plugged in and on recovery which can be used to transfer files from your PC to Phone.

Locks are stored on the OS itself, by installing another OS, it will remove the lock.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance