Phone numbers in email not going to dialer

lawdawg1942

Nov 20, 2014
Visit site
Hi guys, In Kitkat when i got a service call the phone number would be in the email. I would touch the phone number and it would transfer it to the dialer. In Lollipop this is not the case. I have not been able to find a setting for this yet. Does any body know?

Thanks

lawdawg1942

Nov 20, 2014
Visit site
Nothing happens at all. If i double tap it zooms. If i hold it gives me the option to select text and copy it but thats kind of annoying especially when your on the road. Hefty fine here for that.

courtneyftw

Mar 4, 2014
Visit site
It's possible it may just be an issue with the app compatibility at the moment. I'm not sure if anyone else is experiencing the same issue. I haven't seen any other similar posts here, anyway.

lawdawg1942

Nov 20, 2014
Visit site
So i have tried installing a different email program and the problem still persists. If i type a phone number in hangouts it grabs it when tapping. Im guessing the dialer app is not searching for numbers in emails.

daihard2008

Mar 26, 2012
Visit site
Has any body else run into this?

I just did. I read your mail and decided to try it myself. GMail worked fine, but not Inbox. In GMail, the phone number showed up as a link, which I was able to click to invoke the dialler app. In Inbox, the phone number was nothing but a text line. I clicked on it, but nothing happened.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TheCheekyDinosaur