Phone of the Year: Incredible 2 is the Winner

mimsiesboy

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
The dinc 2 just works for me, no problems no hassles, the phone just works every time. Its my phone of choice right now until something better comes along that just works, every time. I am a heavy user and the extended battery lasts all day, you know,,24 hours. 4g will get more reliable, the battery life will get better on 4g, Those phones have not been made yet. When they do I'll pony up.
Wishing you all peace and joy in 2012.

johnriii

Oct 18, 2011
Visit site
Who wrote the review, Homey The Clown? The Inc 2 is plagued with poor reception and other problems.

I for one, appreciate the time and effort of the OP to clearly illustrate that a 3G phone can still be a worthy contender for the affection of the masses. before I got my Tbolt, I was seriously considering the Dinc2 myself. and now with all of the Data Outages this month, I'm kinda wishing that I did! Bad form, Jon Doh, bad form. ;)

kirksucks

May 26, 2011
Visit site
Tempted to send this to a friend who just got a charge but I don't have the heart.

Sent from my unrooted DInc2 via Tapatalk

Jon_Doh

Jul 10, 2011
Visit site
Hey fanboys, go over to the Verizon Worthless forum and look at all the complaints about this phone's reception problems, dropped calls and battery life. Several Verizon CS agents who post there acknowledge the phone has these problems as does HTC. Both VW and HTC have promised a fix. Facts are facts and this phone is plagued with problems.

mimsiesboy

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
joh doh boy what you rockin? Just stating the facts as known to me, see I use one every day and it has worked without fail, that's a fact, not an opinion .

Reactions: alexh037

bbycrts

Jul 27, 2011
Visit site
Hey fanboys, go over to the Verizon Worthless forum and look at all the complaints about this phone's reception problems, dropped calls and battery life. Several Verizon CS agents who post there acknowledge the phone has these problems as does HTC. Both VW and HTC have promised a fix. Facts are facts and this phone is plagued with problems.

Not a single problem. A lot of people agreeing with that here. Why you gotta hate?

Saiyajin

May 12, 2010
Visit site
Agree, but when you start a thread with the title this has it's asking for criticism.

Phone of the year is the BB Storm.....everybody knows that. :)

Click to view quoted image

I agree that the thread title is a bit overzealous... and reading something like that does tend to get criticism (BB Storm example was perfect). On the other hand, I agree with the OP in terms of the Inc 2's overall performance. After the OG Inc, which in its day was one of the baddest Android phones you could get, I saw a number of improvements in the Inc 2, such as battery life, size, look, weight, and feel. That said, I've also rooted and ROM'd my phone, and it's ultra smooth on Virtuous Affinity. Out of the box the phone was impressive to me - this way it's even more so.

I don't ever think there will be a phone of the year - there are just too many versions of hardware available for Android, and the iPhone, for all of its own set of virtues, is still limited in certain aspects that not every consumer wants to deal with. This review, to me, is an excellent overview of real world use and experience, without using measurable results. Spec comparisons, linpack, benchmarks... there are tons of those out there, and can be skewed based on settings on each device. For my part, 4G is something I would like, but not a must-have. I've run into very few issues with the phone, and it does just work... speaking for myself and my experience. It's definitely a phone that's good enough to get me through to the next generation of 4G phones that will be produced, as the network, hardware, and battery consumption issues evolve and improve. Great review, not so much for the amount of detail, but for the honest attempt to be as objective as possible with the comparisons.

trivor

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
Having had the Dinc2 for five months, I agree with the OP. This is simply a very good, solid, reliable phone. Many with other more advanced phones cannot say the same.

+1 - It just works. Reliable, good battery life, nice size and weight.

Louiemacgoo

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
Coming from the Samsung Galaxy S Fascinate the Droid Incredible 2 is ten time better! Dinc2 phone of the year?? That is purely subjective but from my standpoint I would have to agree. I wish I would have had this phone from the start instead of the P.O.S. Fascinate.

Chris3D

Sep 21, 2010
Visit site
I wish I would have had this phone from the start instead of the P.O.S. Fascinate.

Agreed, the Fascinate cometely ruined my impression of Samsung, so much so that i wouldn't even consider buying one of their Nexus phones. The Inc2 is superior to the Fascinate in every conceivable way, and I see no reason to upgrade to anything current or on the horizon.

Reactions: Louiemacgoo

uw

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
i agree with many about inc2.. i just got the a week ago to replace fascinate and imo, htc did right with this phone.. the screen size, overall size and feel, this is what a smartphone should be.. it's 10 times better than fascinate.. it's amazing what a single core processor can do, if you package it right.. i just hope vz and htc keeps the line alive and not make it into an undersized tablet.. if they have to increase the screen size, then at least keep the overall size the same.. don't think that should be too hard to do considering the size of the bezel of the phone..

abredt

Dec 22, 2010
Visit site
Confused !!

The specs say wireless is Bluetooth. Does that mean I cannot get to the internet via my router?
My desktop does not have bluetooth.

Thanks, cb

lt thistle

Apr 14, 2010
Visit site
Confused !!

The specs say wireless is Bluetooth. Does that mean I cannot get to the internet via my router?
My desktop does not have bluetooth.

Thanks, cb

I'm not sure where your seeing this, but this phone does have wifi and will connect to a wireless router no problem

Sent from my ADR6350 using Tapatalk

abredt

Dec 22, 2010
Visit site
Sorry, I was looking at cnet's comparison of two phones and it just said bluetooth.

I'm now looking at HTC's specs.
Thanks for your reply,cb

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TexasIndia