Phone order came from Verizon with box but no phone

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
So I bought the note 3 recently and when I opened the box, it had no phone, battery or back cover. The charger cable brochure and Note 3 box was all there. No sim either. Box was shipped fedex.

Anyone else have this happen to them?

Edit:

More info.

I ordered the Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 3 via the phone at the Comcast /Verizon number 888-972-6131 on Sunday, December 1, 2013, taking advantage of the $200 visa prepaid card promotion. Per the e-mail confirmation, the order information is as follows: Order Number: X; Order Location: X.
On Monday morning, I received shipping confirmation. On Wednesday, I checked the tracking number # X and it indicated that the package was delivered on Wednesday, December 4, 2013 at 8:36 AM. All times listed herein are in PST. I was not home at the time, but when I got home, I asked my wife, and she indicated that she did not receive any package. On Wednesday, December 4, 2013 at 10:06 PM PST I called Verizon customer service at *611 from my primary line to check on the status of the order. The representative indicated that it is currently with FedEx and should be delivered soon. The representative informed me that storms might have delayed the shipment. On Thursday, December 5, 2013 at around 5:00 PM, a gentleman identifying himself as FedEx knocked on my door and asked me to sign for the package. I did not get a very good look at him as it was getting dark outside, but from what I can remember, the gentleman was older and had gray hair and was tall. I opened the package on Saturday morning around 12 AM and to my dismay, I did not find the phone, battery, back cover, or sim card inside. After that, I inspected the package further, and it appeared that the package was tampered with, the original tape removed, and the package was re-taped. I called Verizon at *611 around 12:05 AM and was connected with their lost/stolen phone department and spoke to Mr. X. He filled out ITTS Ticket # X on my behalf and indicated that it should normally take about a day for these types of situations to be resolved.
The FedEx tracking information indicated that it was delivered to a FedEx location and signed for by “ X”. I did not authorize this person to pick up the package for me, nor do I even know who this person is. The package was “At local FedEx facility” at 8:04 AM on Wednesday, December 4, 2013 and “Delivered” the same day at 8:36 AM in X. I do not live in that city, and this is the city of the FedEx Center. I did not go to FedEx to pick up this package. Additionally, the tracking never indicated that it was on the FedEx vehicle for delivery.

Last edited:

Haalcyon

Banned
Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
I wouldn't even sweat it. Just head over to the Verizon store. I'm sure, just like AT&T, they'll be happy to make it right.

Simon_y7

Oct 1, 2011
Visit site
Since, I believe, you already had another N3, maybe they wanted you to reuse the battery and back cover. But, if seriously, these people are crazy. Maybe I'll receive a totally empty box on Wednesday.

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
Since, I believe, you already had another N3, maybe they wanted you to reuse the battery and back cover. But, if seriously, these people are crazy. Maybe I'll receive a totally empty box on Wednesday.

For clarification, it didn't have a phone either.

Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 3 via Tapatalk Pro

DayThyme

Banned
Nov 29, 2013
Visit site
So I bought the note 3 recently and when I opened the box, it had no phone, battery or back cover. The charger cable brochure and Note 3 box was all there. No sim either. Box was shipped fedex.
My box had been opened and the SIM card inserted. No headphones in the box. I took it to my Verizon store and they told me that it was standard practice to insert the SIM cards before shipping and that no headphones are supposed to come with the Verizon GNote 3. They said the Verizon GNote 3 does not come shrink wrapped.

But I had a phone in my box. I am guessing that who ever was putting the SIM card in your phone, took the phone. Call and I am sure they will blacklist the IMEI and give you a new one.

Eclipse2K

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
My box had been opened and the SIM card inserted. No headphones in the box. I took it to my Verizon store and they told me that it was standard practice to insert the SIM cards before shipping and that no headphones are supposed to come with the Verizon GNote 3. They said the Verizon GNote 3 does not come shrink wrapped.

But I had a phone in my box. I am guessing that who ever was putting the SIM card in your phone, took the phone. Call and I am sure they will blacklist the IMEI and give you a new one.

This. Plus its the holiday season so its not uncommon for things of this nature to happen.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

Simon_y7

Oct 1, 2011
Visit site
Despite resolving not to unbox my N3 until XMas, this thread got the best of me. Everything seems to be in. SIM is inserted, and I understand those who said that it's not humanly possible to remove it. No headphones. We'll see what's going to be in the S4 box coming on Wednesday.

DayThyme

Banned
Nov 29, 2013
Visit site
Despite resolving not to unbox my N3 until XMas, this thread got the best of me. Everything seems to be in. SIM is inserted, and I understand those who said that it's not humanly possible to remove it.
You can use the plier thingy that is for changing the S-pen tip to remove the SIM card.

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
Despite resolving not to unbox my N3 until XMas, this thread got the best of me. Everything seems to be in. SIM is inserted, and I understand those who said that it's not humanly possible to remove it. No headphones. We'll see what's going to be in the S4 box coming on Wednesday.

I just put some downward and outward pressure on it and I can remove it with my finger, even with the microSD card installed. But if you have trouble as said above, use the claw thing to remove it.

Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 3 via Tapatalk Pro

anon(394005)

Banned
Jul 5, 2011
Visit site

Wonder if that's a new practice? I ordered my Thunderbolt and Note 2 online directly from Verizon and both came fully wrapped in factory packaging (seals intact) with the SIM card in a separate folder inside the shipping box. Hope it stays that way the next time I'm in the market for a new device. I don't want anyone's grubby hands on it (besides the factory) prior to me getting it. :mad:

DayThyme

Banned
Nov 29, 2013
Visit site
Wonder if that's a new practice? I ordered my Thunderbolt and Note 2 online directly from Verizon and both came fully wrapped in factory packaging (seals intact) with the SIM card in a separate folder inside the shipping box.
I questioned this, too and in store they brought out a GNote3 from the back to show me it doesn't come shrink wrapped.

I Hope it stays that way the next time I'm in the market for a new device. I don't want anyone's grubby hands on it (besides the factory) prior to me getting it. :mad:
I know I hate that, too.

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site

I doubt that this is the case. I think this is an issue with FedEx. I added more info to the op. sorry for the wordiness there, i added thorough notes for myself, in case i need to escalate this.

DayThyme

Banned
Nov 29, 2013
Visit site
I doubt that this is the case. I think this is an issue with FedEx. I added more info to the op. sorry for the wordiness there, i added thorough notes for myself, in case i need to escalate this.
Wow, that sucks. I hope it doesn't affect the $200 Comcast gift card.