Phone screen won't turn off

Skeep

Dec 2, 2023
Visit site
My phone screen timeout is currently 30s.
On Instagram, if I'm watching reels, my screen timeout will not apply. The app just keeps playing and auto scrolls and it won't stop.

I had a Motorola previously and it would timeout just fine.

I can't figure out what I need to do to make the screen turn off for reels and at this point I'm really sick of it.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Some apps are coded to keep the screen awake if you're continuing to watch media, like YouTube -- you can imagine how annoying it would be if a video streaming app timed out repeatedly while watching.

Does the screen timeout if you're just on the main Instagram screen and aren't watching reels?

Skeep

Dec 2, 2023
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Some apps are coded to keep the screen awake if you're continuing to watch media, like YouTube -- you can imagine how annoying it would be if a video streaming app timed out repeatedly while watching.

Does the screen timeout if you're just on the main Instagram screen and aren't watching reels?
I know they're coded that way but I feel like it should be a setting I can switch off not just an embedded thing that I have to deal with.

The screen timesout on anything that isn't reels but as soon as I open the reels it goes out the window.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
There might be a 3rd party app that can supersede that coding, but it might require rooting.

Is the problem that the screen is staying on and draining battery? Are you going to the Reels section and then leaving the phone alone? It's probably best to remember to exit from Reels to avoid this.

You can always send feedback to the Instagram developers.

Skeep

Dec 2, 2023
Visit site
There might be a 3rd party app that can supersede that coding, but it might require rooting.

Is the problem that the screen is staying on and draining battery? Are you going to the Reels section and then leaving the phone alone? It's probably best to remember to exit from Reels to avoid this.

You can always send feedback to the Instagram developers.
The problem is that I'm turning on reels after a long day but I don't hit the point of tired, I don't feel myself falling asleep, I just wake up hours later to a hot as hell phone on 15-23%.

I know people used to search up how to turn off the screen timeout for reels because it annoyed them but I feel like it should work both ways.

The phone even has a function where you can have the camera on all the time and the screen only timesout if no ones looking at it.

Reels bypasses that. It's so frustrating.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Try going into settings of Instagram and toggle on data saver under data usage and media quality
936d99e92438049acdafeb3d642fd569.jpg

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sdaservices2000