Phone slow-down after 4-6 months to the point of having Factory-Reset?

Aug 24, 2014
Visit site
I have LG G2 and I am experiencing slow downs. This has happened to me 3-4 times now over time so I will describe what happens. My question will be "does this happen to you?".

I do things like :
  • take photos (lots)
  • make/receive calls
  • use various apps, some may be more storage intensive than others

Invariably I notice this over time:
  • switching from one app to another is slow, sometimes super slow (5-40 secs)
  • Takes forever to do regular everyday things
  • I have missed phone calls on an occasion. Phone starts to ring but "Accept" green button does not show until the phone stops ringing

I fix it by resetting to factory settings and restoring files from backup.

Curious if anyone else had anything similar. I can't imagine it is my specific phone, I am thinking every LG G2 behaves this way... but want to confirm.

Alen_oprosti

Feb 19, 2016
Visit site
Actually, I have similar issue with my G2. I have it for almost a year now and last two months it's randomly slowing down. I am also taking a lot of photos and the rest is just the regular stuff (making calls, texting..).
I tend to keep it clean and don't have too many apps installed. Viber, Whatsapp, Dropbox, some photo editing stuff and common social apps only (Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIN). I've been using it like that for a year, but last two months, as you said, I have missed a lot of calls because I couldn't answer them. Opening camera app to picture somthing interesting in a moment is not possible. And quite often unlocking and general basic use of the phone is impossibly slow.
I am still avoiding factory reset because of huge backup that I need to make. But if it helps I will do it. Did you have any problems like that after the factory reset??

Cheers.

P.S. I never did factory reset since I bought the G2, even after that major update to Lollipop 5.0.2.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
caroltheresa61