Phone Thinks it's Connected to USB

ChiefShawnT

Oct 19, 2013
Visit site
This morning my phone started to constantly have the USB connection symbol in my notification pane. When I open it it says "Android System, Power Supply, Tap to change USB options" no matter what I change, it keeps coming back up.

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Sounds like there's something wrong with the charging port. Either debris in there (this phone is really poorly insulated), a loose wire/contact inside the circuitry, or a damaged port. Try cleaning it with a soft brush and/or some compressed air (phone off, short, quick bursts only).

Brent Michael

Apr 16, 2015
Visit site
This morning my phone started to constantly have the USB connection symbol in my notification pane. When I open it it says "Android System, Power Supply, Tap to change USB options" no matter what I change, it keeps coming back up.
Have you tried to reboot your phone? If you have and it came back, you might have factory reset. And unfortunately, if that does nothing, you're probably going to have to warranty replace it..

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Like Brent says, I'd try the usual first before attempting a factory reset: cleaning, 'jiggling' the cable a bit (but not too much and not too forceful), boot up in Safe Mode, clear phone's cache before clearing data.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OSCAR DE BUG