Phone warranty

monil

Aug 3, 2011
Visit site
It has been just 8 days for my phone so far. All is good, I am probably inclining to keep it...

I am wondering if it is worthwhile to purchase any insurance coverage for the phone.

Sprint offers TEP program wherein I need to pay $8 per month. If something happens, I will need to shell out a $100 deductible over the phone replacement.

I was checking squaretrade.com. They are offering a warranty for $124 which states the following:
Coverage Details

2 years of coverage: The SquareTrade Smartphone warranty covers your Smartphone for up to 2 years, starting on the date of purchase.

Covered Issues: Both accidents (e.g., broken screen or other damage through drops AND liquid damage including full immersion) and out-of-warranty normal use failures (e.g., battery no longer charging or other hardware failures) are covered. We do not cover loss, theft, willful damage or damage occurring through gross misuse.

Deductible: There is a $50 deductible when claiming on an accident (e.g., drops, spills). There is no deductible for a normal use failure (e.g., power issue).
--------------

Does any one have any experience using either of the warranties? Is it really worth spending money?

Please share your thoughts.

Relgoshan

May 16, 2011
Visit site
Some people claim 1yr Warranty + Sprint replacement plan is plenty, TEP adds up to $100 per year so it's better if you FREQUENTLY risk damaging the phone.

monil

Aug 3, 2011
Visit site
Some people claim 1yr Warranty + Sprint replacement plan is plenty, TEP adds up to $100 per year so it's better if you FREQUENTLY risk damaging the phone.

Well, i am a careful user. Sure, occasional bumps and scratches happen. Never lost a phone so far (fingers crossed).

Relgoshan

May 16, 2011
Visit site
Then ride into the the sunset, wild and free. Call it another $80 in the New Year drinking fund, or another $200 in a kid's college fund.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
noniegreer74