Phone went to "downloading Android" screen; now is blank.

nuraman00

Jul 29, 2015
Visit site
These forums have been very slow for me for the past 2-3 days.

Every time I click somewhere within these forums, it takes minutes to load.

It's waiting on admin.androidcentral.com.

++++++++++

I woke up today and the phone was on the "downloading Android" screen.

I restarted the phone, and the screen went black.

I took out the battery, put it back in, and started the phone.

It restarted normally.

1 hour later, it went to the "downloading Android" screen again.

I tried restarting the phone.

Now it's a black screen. And doesn't even give an indication that it's on. If I plug a charging cable into it, the phone doesn't even vibrate or react.

I tried different batteries, same thing.

One repair shop said they could replace the screen. I'm not sure that's what the problem is.

nuraman00

Jul 29, 2015
Visit site
Can a repair shop fix this by replacing the hardware? What would need to be replaced?

I don't use this as a phone anymore, I use my Sony Xperia 5 IV.

But I liked having it as a backup Wi Fi device to the Xperia, and my Galaxy Tab S4 tablet.

fuzzylumpkin

Dec 7, 2012
Visit site
The problem is age.

The repair shop that offered to repair the screen either don't know what they are talking about or do know what they are talking about and are just trying to screw some money out of you.

It could probably be repaired, but that would likely be a full motherboard replacement. With a device that old, even if it only costs $30 you're just throwing away money. Pull the battery and put it on a shelf as a curio.

L0n3N1nja

Jan 11, 2014
Visit site
With no indication its on its likely the motherboard failed, if it was just the display it would still vibrate, make noise, and the notification light would still indicate it's charging.

Storage, RAM, and the SOC are all fused to the motherboard so it would all get replaced, doubtful there are still parts available nor would it be worth it to pay someone else to fix it. Hope you didn't have any important data left on it.