Phones number(s) are blocked, but they can still leave a message, so annoying.

Scott111

Jan 6, 2014
Visit site
So I blocked this girl I was dating and I thought I got the last word in. I never heard the phone ring or even telling me a call was blocked. So a few days later I noticed that I had two nasty voice messages and it was her, so now technically she got the last word in. When you block a number it should also not allow messages to be left for f-sake. Why is this happening is it a Samsung phone thing or is it a Google OS thing or my mobile provider Spectrum mobile ? I have a Galaxy S23 phone by the way. I'm kind of making a joke about this, it is funny but I would like to know if I can stop this from again cause I'm getting people asking me about buying/selling stuff and other stuff. Thanks

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
One of the great things about Pixels is the superior call screening/spam blocking feature (but to prevent callers from leaving a voicemail, visual voicemail has to be turned on): https://support.google.com/phoneapp/answer/6325463?hl=en

Samsung doesn't have these particular features, and I'm not sure if there's any native way of preventing callers from leaving voicemails. @mustang7757, are you aware of any way?

In the meantime, contact Spectrum and see if they can block numbers at the carrier level. Many carriers offer this kind of number blocking, although you might be limited to blocking only up to 10 or 20 numbers.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
One of the great things about Pixels is the superior call screening/spam blocking feature (but to prevent callers from leaving a voicemail, visual voicemail has to be turned on): https://support.google.com/phoneapp/answer/6325463?hl=en

Samsung doesn't have these particular features, and I'm not sure if there's any native way of preventing callers from leaving voicemails. @mustang7757, are you aware of any way?

In the meantime, contact Spectrum and see if they can block numbers at the carrier level. Many carriers offer this kind of number blocking, although you might be limited to blocking only up to 10 or 20 numbers.
In the phone app settings they have new features bixby text which supposed to work like Google call feature but not there yet

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230701_122555_Call settings.jpg
    Screenshot_20230701_122555_Call settings.jpg
    235.4 KB · Views: 5

Scott111

Jan 6, 2014
Visit site
So there nothing to stop this problem from happening other then a small chance the provider can do something top block the number going to voicemail. Why is it like this though the status quo ?

Scott111

Jan 6, 2014
Visit site
I had a thought, I tried just turning off voicemail so then no one can leave me a message. I went into the voicemail settings to look for a way to turn that feature off and there isn't way to turn off as far as I can tell, isn't that crazy ?