Photo Attachments

carme4

Nov 8, 2014
Visit site
HELP!!! Suddenly when I tap on the camera icon from within any app to share a photo, instead of pulling up the gallery like it used to, it only pulls up the CAPTURE section. I cleared the gallery cache, pulled battery, etc. Please advise!

shawnreum

Banned
Feb 1, 2017
Visit site
HELP!!! Suddenly when I tap on the camera icon from within any app to share a photo, instead of pulling up the gallery like it used to, it only pulls up the CAPTURE section. I cleared the gallery cache, pulled battery, etc. Please advise!
Most sharing of pictures has two options plus more for sharing of photos, files, or info. One is camera to take a photo, another is photo gallery, and then you have the hand full of other options like search files and such.

Depending on what you using at the time, you may have set a default action by accident.

Are you using a launcher like Nova?

shawnreum

Banned
Feb 1, 2017
Visit site
But I can't figure out what setting I might have changed!
Its only a wild guess on my part.
But I'm thinking that nova launcher may be the culprit.

I wouldn't say you made a change to any so called setting, but do you know when the phone asks if you want to use a specific app as a default app for certain functions.

For example...... Lets say you had 2 web browser apps. And you long press on a link from an email. Your phone will pop up a window asking you what web browser you want to use. But there will also be a check box asking if you want to make the browser you chose to be the default. So the next time around it will not ask you to chose a web browser but instead will open the one you checked as a default.

I'm running T-Mobile with the stock launcher, but in settings go into apps.
And in the upper right corner tap the 3 dots.
A drop down will appear and select the option to reset default apps.
A new window appears with apps that have a default set to them.
In there you will have to chose one that you think might be causing the issue and clear it.

Hope that helps.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rhiconnolly