Photo Editor Filter adding a dark spot on pictures

Jesus Delgadillo

Oct 21, 2013
Visit site
I have the 21 Ultra and as i was editing pictures of a night time car meet event I attended, i noticed how when I went to the filters section and selected the "auto" mode on some pictures, it added a nasty black spot on the top left corner of the pictures, as seen on the picture below. Does anyone know why or have the same issue? This is on the stock gallery editor by the way. 20210317_225718.jpg

VidJunky

Dec 6, 2011
Visit site
Never really used the stock editor but tried it after seeing your post. While I didn't get the super dark spot like you I did notice that dark spots get darker, some almost completely black, using the auto filter. So unless you're getting this effect when there's a light in that area I'd say it's just how it handles dark areas. In the pic you posted that spot is between lights with a dark sky so it seems to just be adding this contrast making dark darker.

Jesus Delgadillo

Oct 21, 2013
Visit site
Never really used the stock editor but tried it after seeing your post. While I didn't get the super dark spot like you I did notice that dark spots get darker, some almost completely black, using the auto filter. So unless you're getting this effect when there's a light in that area I'd say it's just how it handles dark areas. In the pic you posted that spot is between lights with a dark sky so it seems to just be adding this contrast making dark darker.
That makes sense. I gotta try it without any light around and see the results tonight