Photos disappeared on Pixel2 XL

LeoRex

Retired Moderator
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
Any solution to this? I have the same problem and I've lost hundreds of photos.

1. Take picture.
2. It displays in that small circle on the bottom.
3. Close camera by hitting home button.
4. Can't find photo in gallery
5. Open camera back up and can see thumbnail in that small circle on the bottom.
6. Click in circle and photo is not there in gallery.
7. Go back to camera and thumbnail still shows but then disappears.
Open the Google Photos app... Without the phone in hand, I'm not entirely sure what is going on. But that app would at least tell you if they are still kicking around.

TraderGary

Trusted Member
Apr 12, 2012
Visit site
Open the Google Photos app... Without the phone in hand, I'm not entirely sure what is going on. But that app would at least tell you if they are still kicking around.

I learn something every day. I've not really used the Photos app before. All my photos back to the first Android photos taken years ago are all there. Great!

LeoRex

Retired Moderator
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
I learn something every day. I've not really used the Photos app before. All my photos back to the first Android photos taken years ago are all there. Great!
Google Photos is one of the most underrated services Google offers. From free photo and video backup and storage (pixel peeps get full quality backups too)... That alone is awesome. But as a photo management system, it's incredible.

People often complain about the lack of controls... They can make folders and what not. There's no need. Photos uses AI to automatically catalog and tag each of those pictures... If I want to see every picture of my daughter in an orange outfit, easy. Every picture I took at Hampton Beach NH? Yep, easy.

The editing tools are great for the since stuff, touch ups, small tweaks... And it's available everywhere... photos.google.com

And, if you were so inclined, you can use the Google Backup application (Windows) to sync all your pics to your desktop automatically.

And you can back up all your other pictures and videos there, regardless where they were taken.

If you haven't played with it, I suggest you go there and look about.

TraderGary

Trusted Member
Apr 12, 2012
Visit site
Google Photos is one of the most underrated services Google offers. From free photo and video backup and storage (pixel peeps get full quality backups too)... That alone is awesome. But as a photo management system, it's incredible.

People often complain about the lack of controls... They can make folders and what not. There's no need. Photos uses AI to automatically catalog and tag each of those pictures... If I want to see every picture of my daughter in an orange outfit, easy. Every picture I took at Hampton Beach NH? Yep, easy.

The editing tools are great for the since stuff, touch ups, small tweaks... And it's available everywhere... photos.google.com

And, if you were so inclined, you can use the Google Backup application (Windows) to sync all your pics to your desktop automatically.

And you can back up all your other pictures and videos there, regardless where they were taken.

If you haven't played with it, I suggest you go there and look about.

Yes! All that is also available when using Photos from my laptop or desktop and that's where I've always gone when I wanted to manipulate photos. Thank you for pointing out that I've got the same functionality using the Photos App without leaving my phone!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fluffy McFluffy