Photos taken by the Pixel Fold.

FF22

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Can't get any of you to post, huh!!!

Well, I do like this morning's Google offering of "similar shots". This perspective has been offered by Google before but this one has even more images. The moods and seasons of Discovery Park. The last number of images were from the Pixel Fold. Others from the 3Pro and 6Pro.

tismydroid

Jun 3, 2012
Visit site
Can't get any of you to post, huh!!!

Well, I do like this morning's Google offering of "similar shots". This perspective has been offered by Google before but this one has even more images. The moods and seasons of Discovery Park. The last number of images were from the Pixel Fold. Others from the 3Pro and 6Pro.

Just don't stop posting yours. I always look forward to them. My guess is not many people have the P-fold which leaves you to post your gorgeous shots of Washington State.

winmod21

Oct 22, 2012
Visit site
Just don't stop posting yours. I always look forward to them. My guess is not many people have the P-fold which leaves you to post your gorgeous shots of Washington State.
1714682298252.png 1714682348853.png1714682501726.png 1714682566225.png

Hear, hear!
I too look forward to seeing 'em! 🤓
[insert inexplicably missing *nodding* emoticon]
And yes, not only . . should you better not think of stopping, but I'm quite sure that most of your fans here would like to see more!
[insert inexplicably missing *nodding* emo]
In fact, if I'm not mistaken, I think I saw where one of your fans was even trying to inspire you to partake in some additional photo-shoots! 👀 😉
[insert inexplicably missing *nodding* emo]
Moreover, @tismydroid is right, your shots & images are gorgeous. 😁

Last edited:

FF22

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Another low tide called. Clear day so Mt Rainier loomed large through that incredibly fortuitous gap in the terrain. As previously noted, the gap reveals not only Rainier, but the West Seattle Bridge and the huge cranes on Harbor Island.
PXL_20240509_195153856.MP-.jpg

PXL_20240509_200055812.MP--.jpg

A geoduck, pronounced gooey-duck - mascot of Evergreen State College!!! Great tasting sushi. Oh, I should note that is a live geoduck

PXL_20240509_200932714.MP-.jpg

Here's a screen grab of the whole thing!
geoduck.jpg

PXL_20240509_202147011.MP-.jpg

Great Blue Heron in a great location.

PXL_20240509_201155065.MP-.jpg
PXL_20240509_201138511.MP-.jpg

PXL_20240509_202123714.MP.jpg

Last edited:

Laura Knotek

Moderator Captain
Jan 8, 2011
Visit site
Another low tide called. Clear day so Mt Rainier loomed large through that incredibly fortuitous gap in the terrain. As previously noted, the gap reveals not only Rainier, but the West Seattle Bridge and the huge cranes on Harbor Island.
View attachment 362340

View attachment 362341

A geoduck, pronounced gooey-duck - mascot of Evergreen State College!!! Great tasting sushi. Oh, I should note that is a live geoduck

View attachment 362342

View attachment 362343

View attachment 362344

View attachment 362346
View attachment 362347

View attachment 362345
Great shots! I like the cute little lighthouse.

Reactions: Bkdodger1 and FF22

winmod21

Oct 22, 2012
Visit site
Ahh, I can almost smell the salt water of Puget Sound! :cool: Wish I could join you!

That view of Mt. Rainier is incredible through that gap! Even though I've seen it in person tens of thousands of times...it never ceases to be incredibly amazing!

And even as I've lived in & around Seattle nearly my whole life, often driving the hour and a half to two hours SE up over all those foothills betwixt and between Rainier and our homes, (during which time I made well over a 100 trips up to the Crystal Mountain Resort, off Rainiers' NE side, or Sunrise, via Enumclaw and Greenwater), and Paradise via Puyallup and Eatonville and Elbe and Ashford... and even though the summit is slightly less than 60 miles from Seattle as the Crow flies... the towering massiveness of Rainier looks so close to Seattle!

Love the Great Blue Heron & Olympic Mountains images too!

Great pics & perspectives @FF22! :cool: Thanks so much for sharing them. (y)

Reactions: FF22

FF22

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Ahh, I can almost smell the salt water of Puget Sound! :cool: Wish I could join you!

That view of Mt. Rainier is incredible through that gap! Even though I've seen it in person tens of thousands of times...it never ceases to be incredibly amazing!

And even as I've lived in & around Seattle nearly my whole life, often driving the hour and a half to two hours SE up over all those foothills betwixt and between Rainier and our homes, (during which time I made well over a 100 trips up to the Crystal Mountain Resort, off Rainiers' NE side, or Sunrise, via Enumclaw and Greenwater), and Paradise via Puyallup and Eatonville and Elbe and Ashford... and even though the summit is slightly less than 60 miles from Seattle as the Crow flies... the towering massiveness of Rainier looks so close to Seattle!

Love the Great Blue Heron & Olympic Mountains images too!

Great pics & perspectives @FF22! :cool: Thanks so much for sharing them. (y)
There's also a strategic gap while traveling east along I-90 at Issaquah that also reveals a view of Mt Rainier. Unfortunately, traveling at 60 mph makes it less likely to be captured. Thanks for the compliments.

Reactions: winmod21

tismydroid

Jun 3, 2012
Visit site
View attachment 362340

View attachment 362341

View attachment 362342

View attachment 362343

View attachment 362344

View attachment 362346
View attachment 362347

View attachment 362345
Of course, absolutely beautiful! I think the picture of the heron with Mt Rainier in background should be framed.

Reactions: winmod21 and FF22

FF22

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Of course, absolutely beautiful! I think the picture of the heron with Mt Rainier in background should be framed.
I have not printed any photos in years. Although some have appealed to me.

Thanks for the compliment. It feels good. As you might suspect I have about a dozen images of that bird and that mountain that I took. I was trying to get the alignment good while not spooking the Heron. I'd walk and stop, walk some more....

winmod21

Oct 22, 2012
Visit site
I have not printed any photos in years. Although some have appealed to me.

Thanks for the compliment. It feels good. As you might suspect I have about a dozen images of that bird and that mountain that I took. I was trying to get the alignment good while not spooking the Heron. I'd walk and stop, walk some more....
FWIW . . . In case anyone has $500 (or +) to throw at a photo printer . . . we were shopping for both a high quality photo printer & all-in-one, recently. Although we chose to just go with a decent (hopefully) Epson EcoTank all-in-one printer.

But if we had planned... on actually printing many photos, we'd have chosen the: 'Epson EcoTank Photo ET-8500 Wireless Color All-In-One Supertank' printer, due to it's (mostly) stellar reviews;
as it was on sale for $499 (typ $699); and the Canon 'imagePROGRAF PRO-300' was, and typ is $900. 🙄 🤯 *ouch*!

. . . (was $499 in early April 2024, so if interested - watch & wait for it to drop to $499 again)

. . . But don't buy from Amazon unless the unit is "Sold by: Amazon"!! Do not buy from a 3rd party seller on amazon!... As returns & warranty coverages are typically/can be nightmare experiences! And, (was $499 in early April 2024, so if interested - watch & wait for it to drop to $499 again)

Last edited:

winmod21

Oct 22, 2012
Visit site
There's also a strategic gap while traveling east along I-90 at Issaquah that also reveals a view of Mt Rainier. Unfortunately, traveling at 60 mph makes it less likely to be captured. Thanks for the compliments.
Right; we had a small farm up on top of the Sammamish Plateau, with a very pretty little lake on it, full of fish, where we also had Geese, Ducks, Quail, Chickens, Turkeys, Horses, Sheep, Pigs, our Llewellin English Setters, and a couple cats. So Issaquah was our closest actual town. ;)
We also used to fly Hang Gliders off Poo Poo Point on Tiger Mountain (up above the Issaquah Hobart road), in that 'strategic gap', (before Paragliding became popular), and where the views were truly spectacular!

Last edited:

FF22

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Ah, yes use to hike to Poo Poo quite regularly. With the occasional hang gliders launching off the top. There was this one time.... Hmmm, what a odd place to set up a tent. It was a few switchbacks short of the lower landing summit. This bright, colorful tent was in the woods. Got to the lower landing, the one with the view of Mt Rainer. About half dozen first responders - engines ambulances, etc. Seems a tandem fly team lost it and crashed into the woods. Hence the colorful "tent" in the woods. He was a student and broke this thigh bone. She the instructor.

The Pixel Fold has not been up there!

Reactions: winmod21

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dumpsterrentals41