Photos taken by the Pixel Fold.

winmod21

Oct 22, 2012
Visit site
Ah, yes use to hike to Poo Poo quite regularly. With the occasional hang gliders launching off the top. There was this one time.... Hmmm, what a odd place to set up a tent. It was a few switchbacks short of the lower landing summit. This bright, colorful tent was in the woods. Got to the lower landing, the one with the view of Mt Rainer. About half dozen first responders - engines ambulances, etc. Seems a tandem fly team lost it and crashed into the woods. Hence the colorful "tent" in the woods. He was a student and broke this thigh bone. She the instructor.

The Pixel Fold has not been up there!
Well that's interesting, @FF22 ! We might've nearly crossed paths from time to time !;-)
I broke a clavicle once; had to have an aluminum plate screwed to it.

Which reminds me, one year while I was recoup'ing from a ski racing injury, I taught two skiing classes each saturday & sunday, for 5~7 yr olds, up @ Snoqualmie, for the Powderpigs Ski School, as I didn't have much else to do.
Back then, they were based in Gilman Village, in Issaquah, (ahhh, those were the days!...I remember, a few doors away down the boardwalk, there was an incredible Gilman Village Deli that served the most incredibly delicious Salmon & Alfalfa sprouts pocketbread sandwich w/soup lunch!), but I digress 😋; we also had some classes in Seattle, as they were one of the ski school industry leaders in teaching early childhood development & learning — i.e. our instructor training curriculum taught "learning theory, memory processing, child psychology & development, acquisition of skills" &c, taught by Univ of Washington - Early Childhood Development & Psychology Professor Dr. Rose McCartin, (bless her sweet heart ❤️, I didn't know that she had passed; I wish so much that I would've talked with her so much more, about life and everything). :(

Years later, was when we had our little farm up on the Sammamish Plateau, just north of Issaquah... while married to my 'X' ... whom I try not ... to think about or remember. 🙄

Last edited:
Reactions: FF22

winmod21

Oct 22, 2012
Visit site
@FF22
🤔 . . What was that? An appt for your torn Miniscus? Do you have to have that procedure very often? Is it painful? 😱 Hopefully not. And hope you're dog fine.
Are the framed jerseys & baseball paraphernalia at your doc's office? 😎

And won't the receptionists families be missing them soon? 🤔

Reactions: FF22

FF22

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
@FF22
🤔 . . What was that? An appt for your torn Miniscus? Do you have to have that procedure very often? Is it painful? 😱 Hopefully not. And hope you're dog fine.
Are the framed jerseys & baseball paraphernalia at your doc's office? 😎

And won't the receptionists families be missing them soon? 🤔
No receptionists were harmed in editing that picture. :ROFLMAO: Only the pixels were decapitated.

First time for that procedure. Will be assessing its results today and forward. I should have gotten a picture of the 8ml that they aspirated (as doctor explained in plain English - withdrew) from my knee.

Oh, yeah, as they started: "this will pinch a bit!" YOU BET IT DID MORE THAN PINCH!!!!! 😭:eek:

Yes, I guess they keep the sports medicine in house as it were. My doc had to cancel one appt because he was given tickets to whatever Bowl game the UW Huskies played in (not into sports so I don't know!!!)

Right now, of course, the Boys in the Boat is the discussion. I'm not a Husky - a Beaver, I think - CCNY aka City College of New York, not the Oregon kind.

21f24146895503.5869a885886b3-2443199252.jpg

winmod21

Oct 22, 2012
Visit site
No receptionists were harmed in editing that picture. :ROFLMAO: Only the pixels were decapitated.

First time for that procedure. Will be assessing its results today and forward. I should have gotten a picture of the 8ml that they aspirated (as doctor explained in plain English - withdrew) from my knee.

Oh, yeah, as they started: "this will pinch a bit!" YOU BET IT DID MORE THAN PINCH!!!!! 😭:eek:

Yes, I guess they keep the sports medicine in house as it were. My doc had to cancel one appt because he was given tickets to whatever Bowl game the UW Huskies played in (not into sports so I don't know!!!)

Right now, of course, the Boys in the Boat is the discussion. I'm not a Husky - a Beaver, I think - CCNY aka City College of New York, not the Oregon kind.

View attachment 362521
It was for your Miniscus tear?

Wow! 1847! With such an impressive founding, and framework, and history!
And such impressive buildings and structures as well. Very impressive! (y)

"The experiment is to be tried, whether the children of the people, the children of the whole people, can be educated; and whether an institution of the highest grade, can be successfully controlled by the popular will, not by the privileged few."

FF22

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
It was for your Miniscus tear?

Wow! 1847! With such an impressive founding, and framework, and history!
And such impressive buildings and structures as well. Very impressive! (y)

"The experiment is to be tried, whether the children of the people, the children of the whole people, can be educated; and whether an institution of the highest grade, can be successfully controlled by the popular will, not by the privileged few."
Are we talking City College (CCNY)? The Gothic buildings were very interesting. It use to be free when I attended. Paid for by the citizens of NYC. Well, not exactly free - the fees were initially $14.00 per semester. We were upset when they almost doubled that to $27!!!!!

FF22

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Continued!!! I was into "textures" today.

PXL_20240522_175714255.MP-.jpg

How could the bird tracks be too large....

PXL_20240522_175131033.MP--.jpg

PXL_20240522_175141495.MP--.jpg

PXL_20240522_174417842.MP--.jpg

PXL_20240522_174353774.MP--.jpg

PXL_20240522_174019581.MP--.jpg

Within Discovery Park which was Fort Lawton, is the Fort Lawton National Cemetery.

PXL_20240522_185248072.MP-.jpg

Just so happens that with Memorial Day on Monday, they were preparing to erect flags at all of the grave sites. Half had been done (background) and these were going to be done later today.

PXL_20240522_184901123.MPe.jpg

PXL_20240522_184833502.MP.jpg

FF22

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site

FF22

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Okay, any geologists among us? I found a few of these beach rocks today and I've never noticed the "inclusions" if that is what they are. They are almost glass-like or maybe they are glass or some crystals. I noticed them wet and took a few home, washed them up and then dried them. Dried, they are almost opaque. I wonder if barnacles caused those outcomes?

Compare and contrast...

1000019319.jpg

1000019320.jpg

winmod21

Oct 22, 2012
Visit site
Okay, any geologists among us? I found a few of these beach rocks today and I've never noticed the "inclusions" if that is what they are. They are almost glass-like or maybe they are glass or some crystals. I noticed them wet and took a few home, washed them up and then dried them. Dried, they are almost opaque. I wonder if barnacles caused those outcomes?

Compare and contrast...

View attachment 362695

View attachment 362696
Very interesting finds! :cool: It does look like they're the leftover attachment bases from those common Acorn Barnacles. And splendid pics as always! Thanks to you for sharing them. :cool:

I wonder if the missing barnacles fell prey to predators? But to what kind; Birds?.. or Crabs?.. or Sea Stars?.. or Snails or Whelks? Or did they just die off? I wonder what their average lifespans are?
Or, could the Sewage Treatment plant be the cause? 🫤 I haven't read your link yet, but does the 'sewage treatment' plant still release 'treated' water into Puget Sound? 😕

Found this:

How do Barnacles attach to surfaces?

"Barnacles secrete a super-strong adhesive that helps them firmly bind to various surfaces. This adhesive works underwater and is so effective that researchers are studying it for potential use in surgery and dentistry." 😬

Last edited:

Bkdodger1

Jun 27, 2019
Visit site
My friend picked up some roast beef from this local spot in New Jersey.. they have other good stuff including some deadly prosciutto bread

e13a6e293f8c61033f36fee1eac0bedd.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dumbbunny