Photos Taken With Your Rezound Camera!

xxfallacyxx

Bearded
Aug 18, 2011
Visit site
Haha a day after I ordered the macro lens, a friend sent me a groupon for another lens, a telephoto for increased non-digital zoom. Nabbed that as well.

From what I can tell as well, both lenses are labeled as Kodak, so hopefully the quality will be there. Expected delivery on the macro lens is Thursday or earlier.

Reactions: ea7770

zrxoa1

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
4cb12db4-b814-2edf.jpg

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk 2

xxfallacyxx

Bearded
Aug 18, 2011
Visit site
So...................

Perhaps it's just the stock HTC One X camera app, but in order to get a good focus on something with the macro lens I need to be literally on top of it. That being said... here we go!

IMAG0104.jpg

That's the entire contents of the package. The "lens" is actually two separate lenses. Combined they equal the wide angle lens, when separate the base is the macro lens. The base of the macro lens has a decent little magnet in it, which snaps onto a metal ring which you put around the camera. Unfortunately the metal ring is a bit wider than the hole in the cover of the case, but for me it's not too big of a deal since the adhesive that holds that red ring in place has simply worn out and the ring comes out without much effort. There is also that little "charm" type thing which allows you to add the lens to your keychain.

Literally have to get right on top of things, but here was a napkin. (I put the ring and lens on in the kitchen first!)

IMAG0105.jpg

IMAG0118.jpg

Harvestman/Daddy Long Legs obviously.

I'm going to have to upgrade to the HQ camera app a little later, might look into getting a Class10 32gb microSD as well.

ea7770

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site
I'd be interested to see some side by side comparisons of pics taken with the macro and without the macro if you have some time to do it. Just curious as to how much difference it really makes. Also, are you using the "close up" setting on the camera?

xxfallacyxx

Bearded
Aug 18, 2011
Visit site
I'd be interested to see some side by side comparisons of pics taken with the macro and without the macro if you have some time to do it. Just curious as to how much difference it really makes. Also, are you using the "close up" setting on the camera?

HUGE difference. I've found the macro lens can be used both on auto and macro settings, as well as other things. Changing the focus type from auto(distance) to macro(close) just changes how close you actually need to be. I'm going to snap some shots real quick to show the difference.

Pardon the second shot w/the lens. I'm a little shaky today as I'm sick. It's a bit more difficult to contain the movement when focusing so closely on an object.

BOTH shots are of the same "O" on your standard brown dunkin donuts napkin, hung over my monitor for lighting purposes.

W/O Lens:

IMAG0210.jpg

W/Macro Lens

IMAG0209.jpg

Zoom W/macro lens

%255BUNSET%255D.jpg

Again, I apologize for potentially blurry photos. It's more my fault right now than the camera/lens.

Yea... after looking at the post it appears I have no idea what I'm doing right now. Hang on...

xxfallacyxx

Bearded
Aug 18, 2011
Visit site
Alright.... disregard my other post. Here's a new comparison using a taco bell Fire sauce packet. Each of these photos is as close as I could get before the phone could no longer focus on the text.

W/O Lens:

%255BUNSET%255D.jpg

W/Lens:

%255BUNSET%255D.jpg

Neither one of those is zoomed. Camera on auto focus, macro mode, auto-enhance turned off, ISO auto.

And here's the fibers of that napkin before, macro lens with zoom.

IMAG0216.jpg

IMAG0192.jpg

Ever notice that pattern on the back of the $20?

ea7770

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site
Thanks for those macro comparison photos. For as cheap as those lenses are, they seem to do a pretty good job! My only real concern now is fitment as you said there were some issues with that.

xxfallacyxx

Bearded
Aug 18, 2011
Visit site
They're really not bad. For me it's a non-issue. The little red ring around the camera, when you remove the case the ring is supposed to stay there on the phone. With the macro lens setup, the adhesive from the metal ring which goes around the camera on the case pulls the red bezel ring off the camera. It's strictly an aesthetic piece, and when you put the back cover back on the ring goes right back into place.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sáenz