Pic messages not sending...always "Pending"

jobzombi

May 10, 2011
Visit site
I have an unlocked Fascinate that I am using without a data plan. No 3G/4G, and so no APN has been setup/configured. Everything is working fine. Except for pic messages. My gf has a fascinate too and I disabled her mobile data and she then had the same issue I had. The moment I activated it again, it was sent out. On my end, it just shows the text portion of the message and it said downloading, but never finished. I did note that one of her running services, Media Hub, seems to be directly involved in the delivery of pic messages. I stopped the service. It never came back up until I had her send a pic message. Then it was back in running services. Is there a way to set up the pic message delivery using the CDMA network as in clam shell phones? Searching through my old phone''s hidden menus I found a delivery address for messages so can I configure the address used to send messages here as well?

jobzombi

May 10, 2011
Visit site
I wonder if it has to do with the MMS service. I checked hidden menu *#DATA*727336*# and it shows the on epic message that I tried sending as MMS outbox 1 and inbox 4, due to the 4 pic messages I tried sending to myself from my gf''s phone.

sgtmack

Jul 13, 2010
Visit site
Our phones use 3G to send pictures. If I'm at work, and have 3G turned off, and on it's on wifi, I can't get pictures my wife sends. I have to have 3G coverage to get them.

I think.

jobzombi

May 10, 2011
Visit site
So foudn ##DATA# which allowed me to change these setting as well as the user agent. I still cannot receive pics. I am wondering if there is a way to review the MMS proxy and ports. IS there a menu where this can be viewed? I don't want to have to hex edit.

jobzombi

May 10, 2011
Visit site
Ok so now I found telephony.db in dbdata>databases>com.android.providers.telephony
I also found under /etc apns_config.xml

Both have the same settings, mmsproxy and mmsport are listed in the db, but it is missing in the xml, although in the xml it does state "use empty string to sepcify no proxy or port".

also in the mms.apk folder, err zip, there is the mms_config.xml

Would altering any of these help?

I see some stuff missing. I got sqlite editor to edit them directly from root explorer and it backs them up automatically just in case.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Abdul Ali