Pictures taken with the droid maxx

TaiwanTeddy

Dec 15, 2011
Visit site
These are indoor, low-light, touch to focus pics comparing my Droid Maxx to my fiancee's Galaxy S4. They aren't edited.

IMG_20130825_231030441.jpg

Droid Maxx

20130825_230905.jpg

Galaxy S4

She liked the photo taken with the Maxx since the color reproduction is more accurate to her watch than her S4.

I also took this one indoors, low light, tap to focus. Aslo unedited. It's currently used as my wallpaper.
13+-+1

This was taken at sun down, around 6:30pm, also unedited.
IMG_20130825_184823680_HDR.jpg

And this was taken at the same time frame but with the included bleach filter, just thought it looked cool.
IMG_20130825_185337.JPG

Last edited:

TaiwanTeddy

Dec 15, 2011
Visit site
Even though the S4 might have more options in its camera software, I feel that the quality of the image on the Maxx is on par or better.

Last edited:

Casen

Mar 25, 2011
Visit site
https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B1z7zlDN0FJZS1ZqUHdhZmd4dnc/edit?usp=docslist_api
There is also an update to it, but it wasn't needed for photosphere.

https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B1z7zlDN0FJZc0QyWUQtcFFUY3c/edit?usp=docslist_api

You will have 2 exact same camera/gallery icons though. I just disabled the Motorola gallery, and renamed the photosphere camera, as it's only 5 mp..

Also, this photosphere gallery reenables picasa/Google+ instant upload sync in the gallery

Sent from my DROID MAXX via Tapatalk 4.

SteelGator

Dec 1, 2011
Visit site
I posted this in the Moto X forum as well as an answer to a request. Thought it would be interesting to see the results of others using the stock editor to quickly fix photos. Below is my before and after. I think there is significant improvement from a one button fix. This was obviously taken in very low/bad light. I think the final result is pretty good.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk 4

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1378136787282.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1378136787282.jpg
    95 KB · Views: 89
  • uploadfromtaptalk1378136801867.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1378136801867.jpg
    102.8 KB · Views: 89

thegrants82

Banned
May 8, 2013
Visit site
Although that's not what the head on a Guinness really looks like on the "repaired Pic"
I posted this in the Moto X forum as well as an answer to a request. Thought it would be interesting to see the results of others using the stock editor to quickly fix photos. Below is my before and after. I think there is significant improvement from a one button fix. This was obviously taken in very low/bad light. I think the final result is pretty good.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk 4

SteelGator

Dec 1, 2011
Visit site
Although that's not what the head on a Guinness really looks like on the "repaired Pic"

That is not necessarily fair. You could say it is a little on the blonde side, but the issue in this photo is there is a light source behind the head which is lighting the head as well. I should have taken the pic right after the poor. I compared the fixed pic while I was there, and thought it was a very accurate photo, even of the wooden table. I will be out and about today, and will try some more.

thegrants82

Banned
May 8, 2013
Visit site
That is not necessarily fair. You could say it is a little on the blonde side, but the issue in this photo is there is a light source behind the head which is lighting the head as well. I should have taken the pic right after the poor. I compared the fixed pic while I was there, and thought it was a very accurate photo, even of the wooden table. I will be out and about today, and will try some more.

Sure it's fair. I have been drinking Guinness for years and I have never seen a bright white head on one. The original un doctored picture is an actual representation of a glass of Guinness. The other picture looks fake.

brackett5

Apr 2, 2010
Visit site
This camera is garbage! I'm sorry. I LOVE this phone but the camera...is killing the phone for me. Just can't see myself keeping it...the picture of the watches, the S4 picture looks WAY better than the maxx. Just my opinion.

BobR1908

Jun 17, 2013
Visit site
Very average picture quality. I would classify the photos shared as acceptable but far from anything above average.

Posted via Android Central App

TaiwanTeddy

Dec 15, 2011
Visit site
This camera is garbage! I'm sorry. I LOVE this phone but the camera...is killing the phone for me. Just can't see myself keeping it...the picture of the watches, the S4 picture looks WAY better than the maxx. Just my opinion.

Except that the color reproduction was off on the watch with the S4, and that the S4 seem to also removed most of the scratches on the rim of the watch.

doublestack1

Jul 12, 2013
Visit site
Very average picture quality. I would classify the photos shared as acceptable but far from anything above average.

Posted via Android Central App

Just upgraded from the S4. Love the Maxx but I agree with BobR1908, picture quality is average at best. Indoor images with existing light look horrible. White balance, exposure are both off by a mile compared to my old iPhone 5 and S4.

Will keep the phone since it is lightyears faster than the S4.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sáenz