Pictures Taken With Your Evo!

TreoRock

Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
I see a lot of nice pictures taken with the EVO, but I still don't see a word on recommendations on taking good pictures with the EVO. Can you guys share some love with us? :(

reynoldsrobbie

Jun 5, 2010
Visit site
Very ... Very ... Very Nice ... Can you tell us what settings you used ... and or techniques ... This are hands down the best dark ( lowlight ) I have seen with the evo.

Believe it or not those are all non touched up pics with the stock camera app. I was pleasantly surprised by the shot of Corey Taylor (Slipknot). This is hand down the best phone camera!

HoldFastHope

May 16, 2010
Visit site
Panoramic picture of my bedroom
52994493.jpg

Another panoramic but of my living room
0dcda01d.jpg

And one more panoramic but of outside
834d147e.jpg

The last one was the worse one because of the obvious difference in lighting. But a little photoshop love and i'm sure it would fix it. Overall I think it's fun as hell taking these pics even though they may not be perfect. maybe once I learn some tricks and learn the settings along with photoshop I can get the quality better.
What app did you use to take the panoramic shots? I don't believe the Evo has that option...

derek5l

Jun 6, 2010
Visit site
admin, can we "sticky" this thread? Because i've seen about 3 threads started like this since i made this thread. Please and thank you.

I looked through the forum and i didn't see a "post your pictures taken with your evo" thread. I know some of you have already posted some in the thread that some guy who doesnt know how to take a camera phone picutre created, but i decided to make a thread dedicated to your pictures taken with your evo.

I'll start.

plants.jpg

rainbowapartments.jpg

"a double rainbow...oh my gaaaaahhhhhd....what does it mean????"

kd0axs

Mar 13, 2010
Visit site

usafsp

Jun 12, 2010
Visit site
Maybe the answer is already in here (just didn't want to browse all 20 pages) but, every time I try to take a picture at night of someone, the flash is SO BRIGHT you can barely see the person in the picture. Anyone else have this issue? Any way to fix it?

tekmunki

Jun 14, 2010
Visit site
Maybe the answer is already in here (just didn't want to browse all 20 pages) but, every time I try to take a picture at night of someone, the flash is SO BRIGHT you can barely see the person in the picture. Anyone else have this issue? Any way to fix it?

A few things;

1)
If you're close to the subject take a white business card and have the business card between the lense and the flash, angle it away from the face of your subject and hope there's enough reflective surface on a side wall to get a decent exposure (or angle the camera sideways and reflect off a white ceiling).

2)
Set the exposure to -3 or -4 depending on how close the subject is, but you'll probably still wash out the subject with reflection on the skin/sweat.

3)
Hold a finger over one of the LED emitters.

4)
Stand at least 12 ft from your subject to help diffuse the direct light.

I have yet to find anything to reduce the power output of the LED flash- which is the ideal solution. Then again, LED isn't really known for variable outputs.

FuzzeWuzze

Jun 30, 2010
Visit site
Found this guy in my back yard so i zoomed all the way in and slowly crept up as close as i could taking progressively closer pictures until he flew off...

Im pretty damn impressed with the camera, when you open it up full rez you can see some of the little hairs on his head. Which is pretty good for the type of zoom it has ...

IMAG0053.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hvltech