Pixel 2 (NON-XL) Owners Club Reviews

openwheelracing

Aug 20, 2012
Visit site
I am on the Pixel 2, and I am perfectly happy with the screen so far. I think it is an upgrade over my Pixel. I don't miss my S6 screen. Yes the S6 screen is slightly larger and sharper, but I think 1080p is perfectly fine as far as sharpness. Touch response is miles better than S6 and S7Edge, and only slightly better than Pixel. The haptic feedback is way better than Pixel.

nyc_rock

Aug 4, 2009
Visit site
I have to say, so far I am really impressed with the battery life. Off the charger since around 815 this morning and I am to 83%. Its Iphone like with its stand by time.

AND...........I just realized you can add the battery % to the status bar. Isnt that new for google?

sixty_four

Nov 29, 2011
Visit site
I have to say, so far I am really impressed with the battery life. Off the charger since around 815 this morning and I am to 83%. Its Iphone like with its stand by time.

AND...........I just realized you can add the battery % to the status bar. Isnt that new for google?

I *think* this was a feature that became available with Nougat.

openwheelracing

Aug 20, 2012
Visit site
Another update, I have been surfing none stop since last update, just sitting here waiting for my car to be serviced caused ***** reservation desk forgot to give me a loaner. Screen seems to be energy efficient. I have it at Auto and 45%. Phone is not hot to the touch like original Pixel.
036994dc8379a718d968fb7151518ed0.jpg

sixty_four

Nov 29, 2011
Visit site

dannyar11

May 24, 2016
Visit site
why not turn off Bluetooth if not in use? Surely would help battery. Never understood why people always leave it on (assuming not in use)

openwheelracing

Aug 20, 2012
Visit site
I live in SoCal so I get in and out of my car often. BT stays on no matter what. If I live in Washington DC and use metro all day, then it makes sense to toggle off BT.

modifier

Jul 13, 2017
Visit site
It's in the hidden System UI Tuner in Android N. Some phones on N added it as a standard setting. Moto took it even further with the percentage inside the actual icon.

Edit: Essential has it inside the icon as well once switched on in SUIT.

I *think* this was a feature that became available with Nougat.
Correct.

Last edited:

stevedoz

Nov 9, 2012
Visit site
First impressions of 64gb just black uk version.
Looks - v nice, no issues with the bezels. I'm not looking at them
Feel - v good, excellent grip and size for my hands
Speed - so quick and buttery smooth
Camera - not much taken but looks incredible so far. The detail in average light conditions, wow
Screen - looks really good to me. I prefer the more neutral colours against a friends galaxy 8+. Just my view. See some colour shift when tilting but it's just not relevant
Software - simple and stock. Just as I like. Fingerprint unlock is so fast

Not done any audio yet. So much more to do but so far it's all thumbs up :)

Ca_lvn

Sep 3, 2016
Visit site
Nice thats my hopes too °^^^ apparently there's processors or something that aren't being utilized yet for the camera it'll be released in a later software update which will really make it Superior then

anon(10274434)

Jul 10, 2017
Visit site
Got a Pixel 2 Just Black 128 GB on the 19th @ 1:02 PM. Set it up, copied files from Pixel to it, messed with it a little and looked at it sitting on my desk. Made the quick decision I didn't like the looks of the phone and within 2 hours it was RMA'd and back on its way to Google.

I don't usually get all that involved with looks, but all I could think of was the little black box looked dead. To me it was just not worth all the $$s to keep it.

Google Store had the return label and instructions in my Inbox as quick as anyone could expect - no complaints about Google Store from me.

Me and my Pixel Really Blue will travel down the road of life for several more moons at least.

Your mileage may vary.

Ca_lvn

Sep 3, 2016
Visit site
Got a Pixel 2 Just Black 128 GB on the 19th @ 1:02 PM. Set it up, copied files from Pixel to it, messed with it a little and looked at it sitting on my desk. Made the quick decision I didn't like the looks of the phone and within 2 hours it was RMA'd and back on its way to Google.

I don't usually get all that involved with looks, but all I could think of was the little black box looked dead. To me it was just not worth all the $$s to keep it.

Google Store had the return label and instructions in my Inbox as quick as anyone could expect - no complaints about Google Store from me.

Me and my Pixel Really Blue will travel down the road of life for several more moons at least.

Your mileage may vary.
Did you see the phone in person before purchasing? Thanks

neil74

Mar 12, 2016
Visit site

Your mileage may vary.

I feel similar but as bought mine from carphonewarehouse I’m not sure it’s is as easy to return, they have been very fussy taking back phones that have been used before.

It is super quick to use but (coming from an S8+) but superficial me looks at it and thinks this thing does not feel like it is worth £729!

openwheelracing

Aug 20, 2012
Visit site
So far I am very happy with Pixel 2 display. I cannot comment on the 2XL display and blue tint issue, but for me the 2 is excellent even in sRGB mode. I am switching between S6, Pixel and Pixel 2. So far I am wondering why I ever liked the cartoonish saturated look. Maybe it is the new phone bias, who knows.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Aitana135332