Pixel 2 Wifi turns off on its own

DL123

Oct 25, 2018
Visit site
Hi all, still getting used to my new Pixel 2 phone, trying to understand the world of Android phones after being an iphone sheep :) since 2008. The issue I have is that the wifi on the Pixel 2 turns itself off at some point after I leave the house. When I get back home I notice it is off and I have to manually turn it back on again. Is this normal? I was not aware it does this, which led to draining my monthly mobile internet limit 10 days prior to the new billing cycle because I was surfing at home on mobile network thinking I was on my home wifi. I've noticed that wifi was off a couple of times before, but thought that I may have accidentally switched off the wireless button in the notifications, but that is definitely not the case. I am not yet sure if it turns itself automatically every time I leave the house, or if happens randomly.

I have "Turn on Wifi Automatically" switched on. But wifi does not switch on automatically, even if I put the phone next to the wifi router.

Any ideas how to solve this? Thanks in advance for any help.

GSDer

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
Here are the settings I use. I just leave WiFi turned on all the time and I never have a problem with it reconnecting when I get home, nor do I notice an appreciable hit to battery life from leaving it on.
c6c08827bac8d4d7ef3c3ea41d5e2ef3.jpg

DL123

Oct 25, 2018
Visit site
@GSDer, thanks very much! I switched off "Turn on Wi-Fi Automatically". Hopefully this will take care of the issue. I must say though that this particular feature is a bit confusing - it sounds like by having it switched on I allow the phone to turn the wifi off? I was not interpreting it this way - I thought by having this feature enabled I was letting the phone to turn the wifi on in case i had switched wifi off manually earlier.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress