Pixel 2 XL - Camera app - recording video and audio

dmxjago

Jul 3, 2012
Visit site
Is it me or did video recording via the native Google camera app audio get much better?? I never use it to record videos as the audio always comes out terrible so typically I use filmic pro with an external mic.

I tested the stock camera app and notice the audio was not only louder, but sounded better than the external mic when used with the filmic pro or cinema 4k apps. The only time the mic sounded better was if I attached the actual mic to my shirt near my mouth then I could notice a difference, but still not a huge difference. Before the mic/filmic pro/cinema 4k setup was superior.

Can someone test recording a video with their pixel 2 xl and talk for about 10+ seconds whole walking around as if you are Vlogging and play back the video to see how your audio sounds? Thank you.

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site
Is it me or did video recording via the native Google camera app audio get much better?? I never use it to record videos as the audio always comes out terrible so typically I use filmic pro with an external mic.

I tested the stock camera app and notice the audio was not only louder, but sounded better than the external mic when used with the filmic pro or cinema 4k apps. The only time the mic sounded better was if I attached the actual mic to my shirt near my mouth then I could notice a difference, but still not a huge difference. Before the mic/filmic pro/cinema 4k setup was superior.

Can someone test recording a video with their pixel 2 xl and talk for about 10+ seconds whole walking around as if you are Vlogging and play back the video to see how your audio sounds? Thank you.

The white noise during silent recording seems to have diminished considerably.