Pixel 2 XL first Leaked Shot with Pricing

Jaycemiskel

Trusted Member
Jul 28, 2011
Visit site
I actually really like that black & white model. I'll be getting that if the leaks are real.
I think they're real, and I really like the combo.
128 GB Pixel 2 XL from Verizon for me.

The question is how which color. I'd like the Black and White one .. but is the front white.. HRM..
I wonder what the front looks like too. Hopefully it'll leak soon.

dsignori

Jun 25, 2010
Visit site
I'm gonna get the XL2, but man that pricing. No wireless charging, no OIS, no dual cameras. > $1000 with tax for the 128GB model. I realize it isn't that much higher than last year, but it's friggen' high. Or maybe I am for buying it :)

It better have "waterproofing" at least...

JoshDunc

Apr 23, 2015
Visit site
So will the Pixel XL 2 have OIS? The prices really are on par for what I expected but I also expected it to have OIS, dual cameras, etc. Basically the things that come on other flagships at a similar price point.

Aquila

Retired Moderator
Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
So will the Pixel XL 2 have OIS? The prices really are on par for what I expected but I also expected it to have OIS, dual cameras, etc. Basically the things that come on other flagships at a similar price point.

I don't think it will have OIS. They accomplished more with software than anyone else did last year using hardware, and they're definitely a software oriented company.

JoshDunc

Apr 23, 2015
Visit site
I don't think it will have OIS. They accomplished more with software than anyone else did last year using hardware, and they're definitely a software oriented company.
True. I enjoyed my Pixel but got a little bored with it. Jumped to the S8+ and now have the Note 8. Considering the Pixel XL 2 but it will be tough as I love this Note 8!

Jaycemiskel

Trusted Member
Jul 28, 2011
Visit site
I guess my question is, with it taking as good of pictures as it did last year, would OIS have added anything to it? I never saw a picture where I was like this phone needs OIS when I saw Pixel photos this past year.

Aquila

Retired Moderator
Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
True. I enjoyed my Pixel but got a little bored with it. Jumped to the S8+ and now have the Note 8. Considering the Pixel XL 2 but it will be tough as I love this Note 8!

I wouldn't say that it's an upgrade over the Note 8. But I also wouldn't say the Note 8 is an upgrade over it. Pretty equivalent to each other IMO overall, but for different reasons obviously.

dsignori

Jun 25, 2010
Visit site
I guess my question is, with it taking as good of pictures as it did last year, would OIS have added anything to it?

It can only help, and for $1000 OIS should be table stakes IMO. If the camera improves again (not stays the same) and continues to be the best , then it would be harder to say much bad about it. But boy .. at $1000 it's hard not to expect everything.

Jaycemiskel

Trusted Member
Jul 28, 2011
Visit site
Possibly better low light performance, but it's sorta the low light king still... so very hard to say.
Right. I could see if it had problems, but Google clearly knows what they're doing. Now if Samsung gave me a phone with no OIS, I wouldn't be happy lol.

Jaycemiskel

Trusted Member
Jul 28, 2011
Visit site
It can only help, and for $1000 OIS should be table stakes IMO. If the camera improves again (not stays the same) and continues to be the best , then it would be harder to say much bad about it. But boy .. at $1000 it's hard not to expect everything.
I can see your point about the whole table stakes thing. If it's good, I'll probably be OK with it. I do kinda wish it had dual cameras though.

Aquila

Retired Moderator
Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
I like how that one looks. Seen a bit of hate on it on some sites' comments, but I like the look actually ... :)

Orange button is weird to me but realistically.... odds of me buying a dbrand or two are pretty high regardless of color I get, so might as well get a panda :)

Zendroid1

Trusted Member
Aug 22, 2011
Visit site
The more I look at the Oreo phone the more I like it. I’ll be getting that one most likely. If it has thin bezels then I trust the front will be black. That would be awesome.

drone3

Nov 16, 2014
Visit site
I usually prefer Silver but I guess I would settle for the panda model. Still not sure whether my next will be Pixel XL 2 or Mate 10...