Pixel 2 XL Screen Protector That Fits?

ember1205

Jan 1, 2016
Visit site
I've read a bunch of "reviews" about a lot of different screen protectors and here's where I stand:

- DeFitch sucks. The glass is the exact same width as the visible part of the display, so it has to be centered absolutely perfectly. The REAL problem is that it does not adhere correctly. There's a halo all around it because of the curve of the screen at the edges. The top and bottom have air bubbles because it also doesn't fit correctly there. The overall quality of the glass is not high and it degrades the display quality.

- Spigen fit almost exactly the same except that there were fewer air bubbles along the top and it didn't noticeably degrade the the display quality.

I hate Zagg. I've had them before and the process for dealing with a replacement is a nightmare compared to what other vendors do.

So, here I am. I need a screen protector that fits PROPERLY. Does anyone have a GLASS screen protector on a Pixel 2 XL that fits correctly and has no air bubbles or halo?

If you have pictures of it installed, that would be great. Which one do you have, where did you get it, and who installed it? I've literally installed no less than 30 screen protectors over the years with zero issues. I know how to put them on correctly, but I need one that is correctly designed to fit this phone.

Thanks in advance.

prestigiouswireless

Oct 1, 2017
Visit site
I've read a bunch of "reviews" about a lot of different screen protectors and here's where I stand:

- DeFitch sucks. The glass is the exact same width as the visible part of the display, so it has to be centered absolutely perfectly. The REAL problem is that it does not adhere correctly. There's a halo all around it because of the curve of the screen at the edges. The top and bottom have air bubbles because it also doesn't fit correctly there. The overall quality of the glass is not high and it degrades the display quality.

- Spigen fit almost exactly the same except that there were fewer air bubbles along the top and it didn't noticeably degrade the the display quality.

I hate Zagg. I've had them before and the process for dealing with a replacement is a nightmare compared to what other vendors do.

So, here I am. I need a screen protector that fits PROPERLY. Does anyone have a GLASS screen protector on a Pixel 2 XL that fits correctly and has no air bubbles or halo?

If you have pictures of it installed, that would be great. Which one do you have, where did you get it, and who installed it? I've literally installed no less than 30 screen protectors over the years with zero issues. I know how to put them on correctly, but I need one that is correctly designed to fit this phone.

Thanks in advance.

I haven’t had a issue with Zagg to be honest. I’ve found it’s the only I never have a issue with

kenorian

Feb 27, 2013
Visit site
Whitestone Dome is fantastic. It's expensive and it takes some study and work to install. But, once on it's been amazing.

Feb 23, 2018
Visit site
can't go wrong using Ultimate Shield tempered glass screen protector for pixel 2xl, has a slight curve around the edges, fits like a glove. ultimateshield.co.uk

ember1205

Jan 1, 2016
Visit site
Yes - feel free to look through https://r.tapatalk.com/shareLink?ur...&share_sfid=1687&share_fid=4950&share_type=sf - there's tons of discussion about this sort of thing there.

Mostly not useful threads over there. Everything is basically the same laundry lists of complaints and gripes and no one has provided any sort of updates after some time in use.

Whitestone Dome appears as though it may be "the best of a sorry lot." In other words, ALL of the options for this phone SUCK for a variety of reasons (film offers no break protection, nothing has edge-to-edge adhesion without LOCA / wet glue, edge lifting, haloing, dot matrix... the list goes on), and the Whitestone may have the least amount of long-term griping.

I'm not a fan of wet-install protectors, but it might be my only real option. There's a really good installation video on YT, but they don't actually show you anything detailed of the finished product (can't see how the edges look, for example).

ember1205

Jan 1, 2016
Visit site
Haven't had issues with zagg either. Fits well and replacement came in a few business days. Used them for the last two years.

Could look into liquid glass options....

Zagg gave me a ton of runaround with a protector I tried to get replaced and the new one they sent was complete junk in terms of installation (it looked HORRID). I threw it out and bought something else and never looked back.

I've also read that they aren't making a Glass+ for the 2XL which would mean there's nothing to even look at.

ember1205

Jan 1, 2016
Visit site
can't go wrong using Ultimate Shield tempered glass screen protector for pixel 2xl, has a slight curve around the edges, fits like a glove. ultimateshield.co.uk

Except that it is not full adhesion - only around the perimeter. Have read a number of comments about that protector popping off of the device from a drop as a result (others that adhere similarly do the same).

Seems they also only sell direct, and I'm in the US. If I need a replacement, I can't wait a week to get it.

speedfreek64

Aug 23, 2012
Visit site
My Verizon store sold and installed a Zagg on my XL 2 when I bought it. I hated the poor touch sensitivity so started looking for something else. After reading the poor reviews for most of the glass protectors I tried a Skinomi wet application film and am satisfied with it. It doesn't feel as nice as glass but it doesn't have the fitment or sensitivity problems like most glass protectors. I may try a Whitestome Dome glass since it seems to be the best glass option.

ember1205

Jan 1, 2016
Visit site
My Verizon store sold and installed a Zagg on my XL 2 when I bought it. I hated the poor touch sensitivity so started looking for something else. After reading the poor reviews for most of the glass protectors I tried a Skinomi wet application film and am satisfied with it. It doesn't feel as nice as glass but it doesn't have the fitment or sensitivity problems like most glass protectors. I may try a Whitestome Dome glass since it seems to be the best glass option.

Thanks for sharing.

I'm really looking for glass to provide more than just the basic scratch protection. The Whitestone was a contender for me until A) I realized that is has a blue light filter in the glass (which changes how the screen looks) and B) their Support group never bothered answering my inquiry as to whether they were possibly developing something that didn't contain the filtering part of it.

So, I'm at a point where I might just "live with" the crappy protector that I have because it's at least very inexpensive even if it looks crappy.

jlp0209

Jul 26, 2016
Visit site
+1 for the Whitestone Dome Glass protector. It is the best glass screen protector I've ever used, but it does take a fair bit of concentration to install. After doing a few of these I can install them quite easily and perfectly. Not a single speck of dust under mine and there is no peeling off of the edges. Covers the entire screen. I haven't noticed any difference in color compared to the couple days I had the phone without a screen protector. Dome Glass is as good as it gets, I have tried several other protectors for the P2XL and they all suck. I have my phone underneath my desk lamp + iPhone camera shooting it, there's no rainbow effect like this in real life.
IMG_0119.jpg

ember1205

Jan 1, 2016
Visit site
Thanks for the good words, @jlp0209

Without being able to lay the glass over the screen "in person" to see how much the blue reduction modifies the image, I'm extremely hesitant even though a lot of really great things are said about this protector.

Kelly Bradford

Sep 10, 2018
Visit site
I am on the same hunt for a glass screen protector that you are on. In the past, Zagg Invisible Shield was ALWAYS the one I could rely on...until Google Pixel 2 XL. It cracked almost immediately just from rubbing up against the other items in my purse as if my purse was full of large, sharp rocks and I was throwing it around or something. So now, after weeks of research, using various no name, cheap ones with fake reviews off amazon that crack if you look at them wrong, I'm currently using something i've had to settle for until i find or someone comes out with an acceptable TEMPERED GLASS OLEOPHOBIC SCREEN PROTECTOR for GOOGLE PIXEL 2 XL. You'd think someone would figure it out by now. This is driving me crazy. The one I'm using now is not great aesthetically, but so far so good in regards to protection. Here's the link: http://a.co/d/7VkaSdr I am also hesitant to spend like 50 bucks on that white dome thing that requires a masters degree in screen protector application... I'm wondering if the one google sells is the answer?? i'm thinking about buying it next to try... Please let me know if you find anything!

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
georgie