pixel 2 xl

ragdeiii

Jan 23, 2016
Visit site
If the 6p had a removable battery, that would solve the battery problem and you would keep the phone longer. That's why the removable battery has disappeared.

sulla1965

Feb 27, 2013
Visit site
If the 6p had a removable battery, that would solve the battery problem and you would keep the phone longer. That's why the removable battery has disappeared.

Probably more due to the glass and metal designs. iPhones had a huge edge over android for years due to its "premium" build qualities. When android manufactures followed with similar builds, removable batteries were on the way out.

PGrey

Sep 5, 2016
Visit site
Yeah, I think it's a combination of things, the "sales" part surely has been considered, the construction (although you can look at phones like the LGV20 that did a pretty good job with a removable battery), and I think the "battery quality" plays a lot into things too, it's completely un-controlled.
Look back, you can find where iPhones had some overheating issues (I don't recall which version, in the 2's or 3's I think), which were mostly tracked back to bad replacement batteries. Various laptops have had the same issue, and fewer and fewer laptops have replaceable batteries now too, hmm...
I think *most* people want to change phones every couple of years, or thereabouts, so I tend to discount the number that are "accelerated" by the battery dying, but that's IMO, nothing statistical that I know of.
Edit: I should mention, that I had to go some pretty serious lengths to find a secondary battery for last WinPhone, my 950XL, it was quite the research project to find an actual OEM/non-knock-off battery (there were tons of the latter available).

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Abdul Ali