Pixel 3 bugs?

ag3nt_0rang3

Jul 18, 2017
Visit site
I've been having 2 major bugs (God, I hope they're not features) occuring on my phone. If anyone else is experiencing this, please let me know so I'm not the only one going through this. 1st bug is, my AOD seems to not wanna wake itself up after I pull it out from being in my pocket for sometime. I have to manually hit the power button to wake it (even double tapping doesn't help). And the 2nd, when I use my p3 earbuds that came bundled, when a notification comes through, sometimes I hear a loud, buzzy, distorted sound. Scares the crap outta me when it happens...I'm afraid of listening to my jams now! Here's to the next update!

puch96

Nov 27, 2012
Visit site
1st one, the screen usually will wake back up when it detects ambient light and motion. does it come back up if you double tap on the screen? Do you have a screen protector? Sometimes they don't play nice with ambient light sensors.
2nd one, it is by design. Since it supports google assistant, you get a notification chime to let you know you have notifications. I think you can disable this through assistant settings, but you won't have assistant functionality anymore.

ag3nt_0rang3

Jul 18, 2017
Visit site
1st one, the screen usually will wake back up when it detects ambient light and motion. does it come back up if you double tap on the screen? Do you have a screen protector? Sometimes they don't play nice with ambient light sensors.
2nd one, it is by design. Since it supports google assistant, you get a notification chime to let you know you have notifications. I think you can disable this through assistant settings, but you won't have assistant functionality anymore.

1st one) It has happened to me two times now. The second time i watched and waited to see if it would wake itself(in a very well lit room) 3 minutes later, still off. Double tapping does nothing. Just the power button will wake it up. Almost as if I have all the AOD settings off. 2nd one, I really hope that's not a feature by design. I hear the Google assistant chime about 95% of the time. The other 5% is a Loud, distorted, almost hiss like, sound. I think it wants to give me the calming chime that the GA does when you get a notification but instead, it gives me hell for my ears. That's about as clear as I can be!

cardboard60

Apr 10, 2014
Visit site
If I got a screen protector.
I would only want a glass screen protector.
Plastic don't seen to be as sensitive.

Remember your screen is one of the sensors.
Keep it clean.

Martin_F

Oct 16, 2018
Visit site
1st one) It has happened to me two times now. The second time i watched and waited to see if it would wake itself(in a very well lit room) 3 minutes later, still off. Double tapping does nothing. Just the power button will wake it up. Almost as if I have all the AOD settings off. 2nd one, I really hope that's not a feature by design. I hear the Google assistant chime about 95% of the time. The other 5% is a Loud, distorted, almost hiss like, sound. I think it wants to give me the calming chime that the GA does when you get a notification but instead, it gives me hell for my ears. That's about as clear as I can be!

1. has happened to me a few times. I'm not using a screen protector.
2. haven't had this happen.

TraderGary

Trusted Member
Apr 12, 2012
Visit site
I've been having 2 major bugs (God, I hope they're not features) occuring on my phone. If anyone else is experiencing this, please let me know so I'm not the only one going through this. 1st bug is, my AOD seems to not wanna wake itself up after I pull it out from being in my pocket for sometime. I have to manually hit the power button to wake it (even double tapping doesn't help). And the 2nd, when I use my p3 earbuds that came bundled, when a notification comes through, sometimes I hear a loud, buzzy, distorted sound. Scares the crap outta me when it happens...I'm afraid of listening to my jams now! Here's to the next update!

1. My AOD never fails to activate when moved out of my dark pocket.
2. I tried the P3 earbuds once and put them back in the box. I prefer my Sony Wireless Noise Cancelling headphones. When I'm going to listen to music I turn on DND and there are no notifications.

chezm

Trusted Member
Sep 19, 2014
Visit site
I dont have Always on Display on, but i do have Raise to Wake and double tap on (working fine)...however ive noticed since update my notifications wont briefly turn on screen forcing me to double tap to see. Yes the option New notification wake screen checked. So weird.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae