Pixel 3 - Camera Technology

scionluna

Jul 2, 2013
Visit site
Hello,
I wanted to know more about how the camera software works on the Pixel 3. I know it uses Google AI to improve the pictures but is it because the Pixel has a constant internet connection or is the software useable when there is no data connection, i.e. airplane mode?

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
I do not know much about the new Google Pixel 3 camera; but do not worry - you do not need an Internet connection in order to take pictures!

Fred98TJ

Apr 8, 2012
Visit site
Here’s a link to some informative.
I (Fred) also discussed some ISO misunderstandings in th comment section. Scroll down past the end of the article to the comments and click “read more”.

Kayza

Oct 7, 2016
Visit site
Idk how the AI works without internet to process the picture, but it works...

There is a dedicated chip on the phone. There is a reason why some of the features are not going to work as well on the older phones - it is software but also the hardware.

Kayza

Oct 7, 2016
Visit site
Google doesn't need a second camera because they do all the magic through software. And they do a really good job with it and the AI tech.

Interesting, though, that they did see the need for a second selfie camera. I'd love to see what they can do with the additional hardware on a rear camera.

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site
Interesting, though, that they did see the need for a second selfie camera. I'd love to see what they can do with the additional hardware on a rear camera.

There's a bit of difference though between the front and rear cameras. For the selfie cam they chose to go with a secondary wide angle camera. It makes more sense to have a second camera because of the lower resolution sensor. Shooting wide and cropping to a normal angle in this case would result in poor photos. I think it would be too much for the computational software to handle.

cactuspete23

Dec 23, 2015
Visit site
Though there are now Profesional Cameras with up to 7 Sensors and Lenses; Still a single good quality sensor and lens can take the best pictures. That may change in the future !

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sem173