Pixel 4 and Pixel 4XL being discontinued

Ben_70

May 31, 2017
Visit site
Wait, do you mean to say that someone actually uses that "squeezy sides" thing?

I had no idea! :)

I'd be surprised to learn that anyone who has this feature on a Pixel doesn't use it! :) It's so convenient. Any time I want to Google something I pick my phone up and squeeze it at the same time. Preferable to saying "Hey Google".

NMCynthia

Jan 18, 2018
Visit site
Wait, do you mean to say that someone actually uses that "squeezy sides" thing?

I had no idea! :)

Oh yeah ... I do! Once or twice a month saying "Hey Google" quits working for me, so I then squeeze the phone to get the job done ... then go into settings to fix the Hey Ggoogle thing again. For some reason this has been a thing for me for several months ... have no idea why.

Tomster88

Apr 13, 2014
Visit site
The 4a is a good value phone but Google cut a lot of corners vs. the 4/4xl to bring the price down that low. Not only the lack of wireless charging and no IP rating but a plastic body, no QHD screen, no 90hz refresh rate, no squeezy sides (a feature I love and use all the time), Gorilla Glass 3, one lens rear camera, and of course a slower processor. Personally I wouldn't be interested in the 4a at all. Very glad I have a 4xl that I got on sale new for $600.

I use the squeeze feature ALL the time! it's better than saying hey Google when you're out in public or in a room with other people.

N4Newbie

Trusted Member
Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
I'd be surprised to learn that anyone who has this feature on a Pixel doesn't use it! :) It's so convenient. Any time I want to Google something I pick my phone up and squeeze it at the same time. Preferable to saying "Hey Google".

I was never able to get the sensitivity to a place where it worked well for me. Either it was too sensitive and constantly triggering when I didn't want it to, or it required more effort than I wanted to give it.

Preferable to saying "Hey Google"? But, if you are saying "Hey Google" (or squeezing), that presupposes that you intend to continue by speaking a command or asking a question. Have you really gained (saved) anything?

Ben_70

May 31, 2017
Visit site
I was never able to get the sensitivity to a place where it worked well for me. Either it was too sensitive and constantly triggering when I didn't want it to, or it required more effort than I wanted to give it.

Preferable to saying "Hey Google"? But, if you are saying "Hey Google" (or squeezing), that presupposes that you intend to continue by speaking a command or asking a question. Have you really gained (saved) anything?

I have my sensitivity pretty far up so I never get accidental squeezes.

Yes, of course, I'm going to be asking a question or saying a command after squeezing. I've just never liked saying "Hey Google" especially when I'm in a group of people.

N4Newbie

Trusted Member
Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
I have my sensitivity pretty far up so I never get accidental squeezes.

Yes, of course, I'm going to be asking a question or saying a command after squeezing. I've just never liked saying "Hey Google" especially when I'm in a group of people.

Instead of Hey Google -

• Hey Boo Boo
  • Egg Noodle
  • Cocaine Poodle

Are just a few alternate phrases that will usually work. :)

N4Newbie

Trusted Member
Nov 15, 2012
Visit site