Pixel 4 XL Owner looking for feedback...

anon(40376)

Jul 15, 2010
Visit site
Always taught to squeeze but not talking about the Pixel. (Nothing dirty either, many will get my meaning.)
229QaW7.gif

But in regard to the 4XL, no squeezing and no assistant for me.

edison2012

Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
I, too, miss the squeeze for the Assistant feature. I used that constantly on my 4XL. As for Face Unlock, it became a PITA once I started wearing masks. I always had to use the backup number unlock. I definitely notice the added weight when I hold the phone (heavier than my Note 9), but not when it's on my hip. As for the camera bump, my Encased holster/case makes it a flat back, but obviously adds to the thickness of the phone. I did a direct transfer from my 4XL, but recently performed a factory reset and will start over. I will trade in my 4XL and keep my Note 9 even though the Pixel was my primary phone. So far 2XL, 4XL, and 6XL Pixels.

NMCynthia

Jan 18, 2018
Visit site
Man I actually LOVED the squeeze for Assistant! I used that feature on my 3XL daily! Surely I can't be the only one who misses that?!

I used the squeeze about half the time ... my "Hey Google" would turn off on it's own on my P2, which was aggravating! I hope that doesn't happen now with my P6. Of course, we now have a power button that's an Assistant button ... not sure how I feel about that yet! Old habits are hard to break ... especially for an old person! ;)

Jeremy8000

Jul 11, 2012
Visit site
I like the fact that the squeeze feature also silences the phone instantly, very handy ;)

I got used to it for assistant, but that was one of the nicest functionalities. I definitely missed it when I left my 3XL, and was saddened to see it discontinued. I'm guessing it was due to either cost vs perception of value, internal space management, or possible minor compromise it might have made to structural rigidity.