Pixel 5a Simultaneous Bluetooth Devices

Spec_tech

Feb 2, 2021
Visit site
Hi everyone. I'm looking to get some input if it's possible to connect multiple bluetooth devices to a Pixel 5a.
I want to be able to connect to both a third party bluetooth audio receiver for my car as well as a possible radar detector that I may be considering buying. Specifically the Valentine One Gen 2.

From this Pixel phone help thread i found, it doesn't sound like it's possible. But I want to be absolutely sure that something like this wouldn't be possible.

I figured that as long as it's not two audio devices i'm connecting it to that it would be fine, but i'm not sure.
Anybody have any more educated ideas?

PowrDroid

Nov 30, 2012
Visit site
Not possible.
Hang on a sec. I can have my smartwatch simultaneously connected to my Pixel 5a and also use a bluetooth speaker. Both are connected. I can have my vehicle bluetooth connected and my watch connected simultaneously.

In my Pixel 5a Settings > Connected Devices there are categories of connected devices, i.e. Media Devices and Other Devices. My smartwatch is in the Other Devices category; my bluetooth speaker is in the Media Devices category. I suppose if the radar detector has bluetooth and it is not outputting an audio signal, it might work.

Spec_Tech, what is the reason someone would connect a radar detector to a phone? Is it because you want to hide the radar detector and have it send a signal to your phone?

Spec_tech

Feb 2, 2021
Visit site
Hang on a sec. I can have my smartwatch simultaneously connected to my Pixel 5a and also use a bluetooth speaker. Both are connected. I can have my vehicle bluetooth connected and my watch connected simultaneously.

In my Pixel 5a Settings > Connected Devices there are categories of connected devices, i.e. Media Devices and Other Devices. My smartwatch is in the Other Devices category; my bluetooth speaker is in the Media Devices category. I suppose if the radar detector has bluetooth and it is not outputting an audio signal, it might work.

Spec_Tech, what is the reason someone would connect a radar detector to a phone? Is it because you want to hide the radar detector and have it send a signal to your phone?
Nope. It's because the detector has third party apps that work with it and give it a ton of functionality that is otherwise unavailable. Plus it's way easier to change or check settings in the app versus manually navigating a menu or settings with the exterior buttons.

As far as i know, the detector doesn't take in or put out audio besides what's done from whatever internal speaker it uses for detection alerts.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nilsgutkowski