Pixel camera in 4k for YouTube

flipbeats

Jan 29, 2011
Visit site
Hey all,
I just wanted to get everyone's opinion on if you think the pixel camera is good enough for filming video for YouTube. I'm trying to do a test run for potential food youtube and travel blog. Let me know your thoughts, especially if you've have YouTube experience.

chestvrg

Dec 25, 2010
Visit site
The pixel has a great camera for taking video and although it doesn't have video stabilization, it has that electronic stabilization stuff Google has done with the software of the phone. You should be OK. Will you be using a tripod or just moving the phone about?

May 3, 2015
Visit site
The quality is great. You will have to use a USB cable and PC to upload it tho...The app doesn't support 4k upload. You might be able to use chrome in desktop mode.

18t

Aug 23, 2013
Visit site
I would say no. While I can't attest to uploading to YouTube, when I have viewed some videos in photos app I've noticed movement blurring where sections of the video will appear wavy. Seen it on many other cell phones even with OIS. If you're using a tripod, you might be OK. Really depends on what you're trying to accomplish.

May 3, 2015
Visit site
I would say no. While I can't attest to uploading to YouTube, when I have viewed some videos in photos app I've noticed movement blurring where sections of the video will appear wavy. Seen it on many other cell phones even with OIS. If you're using a tripod, you might be OK. Really depends on what you're trying to accomplish.

That's due to image stabilization. Hold the camera a little more steady and you won't see that