Pixel Halo effect?

anon(9410778)

Apr 15, 2015
Visit site
It doesn't. You'd need a lens hood much larger to block stay light than what a case can do.

I did some testing with the Spigen case that had a small cutout for the lens and didn't make a difference vs no case at all.

Gotcha. Thanks for the quick reply. The only cases i can find have so much of the glass panel exposed including the spigen one's i can find. I was hoping for something like the Dbrand skin that covers everything except for the lens itself. something like Dbrand-X-Pixel.jpg

Anyone with a skin on their phone?

DJM626

Oct 18, 2015
Visit site
I think I discovered, or at least I have not seen it mentioned in here the software fix for the lens flare. Googles Photo app has just been released yesterday. When in the photo app, take one of your pics with lens flare, if you managed to have them saved. Click on that picture, go to the edit section, click on the middle, pull up the pic, click on the middle near the bottom (you will see a square box with a plus next to it on the left side while looking at the phone). Next to your first slide adjuster (called light) you will see and down indicator. This will open up a section called "Light". Your 4th choice down will be a slider called "Shadows". Slide that to the left and your halo disappears. You will then be able to save that pic and you will notice, the flare or halo is completely gone! Tried it on 3 pics that I had lens flare issues with and the pics look great! Give it a shot. You can do a side by side comparison with both the original pic and the pic you just "fixed" and it looks great.

If I am correct, this may be the software fix that google had been working on to correct the issues. If not, this works wonders on my pics

Last edited: