Pixel running cooler

Joshua Luther1

Dec 9, 2013
Visit site
I wanted to share my experience since disabling a couple of things on Pixel 7 Pro.

The first thing I did was restrict Samsung Health from recording my physical activity. Since I already have the Galaxy watch 5 connected and recording it, there's no need for my phone to track it as well.

The second thing I did was disable all background location services except for Google.

Since doing these things, I've noticed the phone runs noticeably cooler. Of course YMMV.

Give it a shot and see how it affects your phone. For me, I was ready to trade in my phone for something else. I know, that sounds drastic but I assumed that my phone would be able to disable things that were causing it to use more battery but if it's something that I approved like background apps and location, then it's my own fault.
79ec54bebdeb0a94e2710f1e4465eba5.jpg
f049ca3e53fe1d1347eaa055c00c178e.jpg
496210e29bbf4fa1aac32441f7a22e3c.jpg

Joshua Luther1

Dec 9, 2013
Visit site
Ironically, this morning my phone has been running warmer than usual. I also have been trying to watch a YouTube video and the app seems to be buggy. It will play for about a minute then it will force close. It's done this 3 times already. I cleared the app cache and restarted my phone and it's still doing this. I'm hoping it's just an issue with the YouTube app. Pretty frustrating though. But overall, my phone sitting idle is warmer than usual and I'm connected to wifi and unplugged.