Pixel running Pie 9.0 screen issues?

Cwalks88

Sep 23, 2018
Visit site
I've been running Pie 9.0 on my Project Fi Pixel for a little over a month or so. I haven't run into many issues that I keep reading about others having with the update.

Just the other day I started to notice a portion of my screen wasn't being responsive when touching it. This portion of the screen happens to be where a good amount of action in most apps happen to be 😑 .

It's the area at the top section of the screen, when trying to touch back or setting 3 dots.
The pull down menu keeps dropping down. The work around is to rotate the screen and then select it. Pretty annoying to do though.

I've attached a few photos showing the areas affected and a video to showing it in action.

https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=1QyLtcw4vjwsQrPYNLndLAm7j--Arllj_

I did speak with Project Fi to trouble shoot the issue. Put it in recovery mode thinking it could've been a bad app off the market messing it up. No luck. I did a full factory reset. No luck. I rolled it back to Oreo 8.0 No luck. 😣

Wanted to see if anyone was running into the same issue?

Cwalks88

Sep 23, 2018
Visit site
Thank you for the welcoming!

I have always kept one on and removed it to check if that was the issue.
Even with it removed the portion of the screen still acts up.

Is it possible one section of the digitizer could go bad?

Few other scenarios:
-Replace the screen.
-Jump towards the LG G7.
-Wait it out painfully for the Pixel 3 to drop

J Dubbs

Jun 4, 2016
Visit site
Thank you for the welcoming!

I have always kept one on and removed it to check if that was the issue.
Even with it removed the portion of the screen still acts up.

Is it possible one section of the digitizer could go bad?

Few other scenarios:
-Replace the screen.
-Jump towards the LG G7.
-Wait it out painfully for the Pixel 3 to drop

The phablet I'm typing this on now has been doing that for years...... it's never gotten any worse, so I just work around it. I do have 7 inches to play with tho and it's only used for bedtime reading, if it was my main phone it would be much more irritating :-[

And yes the dirty minded could take that several ways....... shame on you ;-)