Pixel virus notification

AlmaPorras

Dec 18, 2016
Visit site
Purchased my Google Pixel phone less than 3 weeks ago. I turned it on this morning, went to my tunein app, as I was listening to it, I received a notification that my phone has 2 serious viruses and that I should install an antivirus app. Is this a real virus threat or is it an attempt to install malware on my phone?

glcej1

Aug 11, 2016
Visit site
I got the same notification. I ran a Norton's Antivirus scan on my phone and no viruses. I am taking it as trying to install mallard.

AlmaPorras

Dec 18, 2016
Visit site
No screen shot. The notification was a white screen blue lettering, flashing and caused my phone to vibrate. I turned off my phone to avoid any further issues.

88horizon5speed

Dec 24, 2014
Visit site
I'm not familiar with the app your using, is it browser like or based? Sometimes that same thing will happen through a browser. Definetly not legitimate

therealasd

Jul 5, 2015
Visit site
Those types of ads are rampant when viewing Facebook's quick stories or whatever they're called (web pages that open natively in the Facebook app), especially on this idiotic clickbait sites. They hijack the page and use an html5 function to trigger the vibration on the phone. They're harmless as long as you don't click or download anything from the pages.

mmcclure0453

Jan 2, 2013
Visit site
They show up a lot for me when I'm viewing my local news app. I usually have to close out the app and then restart with no more alert. I check for virus through my Verizon app and it's always clean. Just a junk ad.

Nesquik

Oct 11, 2016
Visit site
lmfao i thought you were joking -- i don't even think stock android has an antivirus system. it was most likely an ad. please don't purchase or download anything to "get rid" of viruses on your phone.

Brandwin

Sep 19, 2014
Visit site
I get them sometimes while on Xvideo, it'll open up a new page and say virus, warning etc... I have always ignored them and just closed the page. You should be fine.

Liz Blue

Aug 26, 2018
Visit site
I'm getting spam ads left & right after i turn on the Google Pixel screen after it goes to sleep. I've come to the conclusion that the update "Android 9" has a virus you cant get rid of.

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Not on mine. Updated around the 7th and haven't seen any popups, any viruses, any malware :::knocks on wood:::. But I don't use the browser much, so I don't go to sites that are loaded with viruses. (I mainly go to my sites, and I know they're clean.)

can3gxw

Trusted Member
Nov 1, 2010
Visit site
I'm getting spam ads left & right after i turn on the Google Pixel screen after it goes to sleep. I've come to the conclusion that the update "Android 9" has a virus you cant get rid of.

You should check the apps that you've installed. I can guarantee that one of them is causing your pop-up ads, not Android Pie. I have never installed "ram cleaners" or "speed boosters", or "disk space cleaners". These are most likely the cause, not Android.

I do NOT see any ads whatsoever on my OG Pixel XL.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Spivey23