Pixel watch and samsung

mach1man

Feb 19, 2013
Visit site
Has anyone used a pixel watch with a new samsung? I have the S23 ultra and a galaxy watch 5 but I like the minimalist of the pixel watch. I used one for like 2 weeks when I had my pixel 7 pro and it was nice. If I hook a pixel watch to the S23 ultra what features will I loose??

FF22

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I would think that the Pixel Watch should be fairly generic in terms of what type of phone one has. I don't know Google's penetration into the phone market but I would doubt that they want to limit their watch and its functions to their own phones.

I do have the watch and a Pixel 6 Pro but I'm not aware of any functions that I've used that rely specifically on the Pixel phone.

I have a feeling that you should hear from folks using the watch with other brands of phones. Although, frankly, this subforum does not get a ton of traffic.

Good luck with your decision.

mach1man

Feb 19, 2013
Visit site
Thank you for the response. I really just want to be able to get my notifications, reply to text, check weather from watch and my health info ( steps, heart rate and blood oxygen)

FF22

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Thank you for the response. I really just want to be able to get my notifications, reply to text, check weather from watch and my health info ( steps, heart rate and blood oxygen)

I don't think it does blood oxygen. It does ECG and occasionally throws an afib warning at me or inconclusive and then "all's right with the world!"

kbboykin

Jan 26, 2011
Visit site
I works well with my Galaxy S22 5G. There is no blood oxygen, everything else is there. I understand it is disabled on the watch?

mach1man

Feb 19, 2013
Visit site
I works well with my Galaxy S22 5G. There is no blood oxygen, everything else is there. I understand it is disabled on the watch?

Awesome. Do you get all of your notifications like it should; text, emails, social media and calls? Can you respond back to text or answer calls? I like that the pixel watch is more minimalist and the bands design

kbboykin

Jan 26, 2011
Visit site
Awesome. Do you get all of your notifications like it should; text, emails, social media and calls? Can you respond back to text or answer calls? I like that the pixel watch is more minimalist and the bands design

Yes, get them all and can answer text and calls, but use my Galaxy Watch 5/5 Pro more. My only dislike is the large bezel, a lot like the first apple watch.