Pixel Watch audiobook options

damac3

Apr 17, 2011
Visit site
Hi folks,

I have not been on these forums in a long, long time. I just switched back to Android from an iPhone. I bought the Pixel Fold and Pixel Watch. One thing that I really liked about my Apple Watch Ultra was the Audible App being native on the watch. I don't carry my phone with me. I wish Audible would make a watch app for Android. So it seems like my best wearOS native app option for audiobooks is Spotify. Please correct me if I am wrong. I also read where folks were downloading their Audible audiobooks, stripping the DRM, and transferring them to their watch. So my question is what app can I use to play my own content like that on the Pixel Watch? I own over 400 audiobooks through Audible and really like using their system for buying books (discounted prices with membership, etc). Just trying to figure out what my options are. I already plan to use Spotify for my podcasts and music on the Pixel Watch as it seems to be the best app available for listening to content on the watch currently. Thanks for any insight!

On a side note - I tried making this move a year ago with the Galaxy Fold 3 and Galaxy Watch 4 Classic. I went back to my iPhone and Apple Watch right away for a number of reasons, but I absolutely LOVE the Pixel Fold. It has some drawbacks versus the new Galaxy Fold 5, but there are so many things done very well on this device.

fshjiteeuhc

Oct 21, 2023
Visit site
I'm reading that Wear OS is Amazon's Android solution for Audible. I agree that Amazon should have released a native solution by now, but at least there are less hoops to jump through with Wear OS.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cloudsofmana