Pixel XL NFC location?

psteve2005

Nov 7, 2015
Visit site
I bought an extra absorbent crystal bumper for my Pixel (from Amazon UK) and it was excellent.

I have since bought a Pixel XL (again!) and bought the same case (link below) and Android Pay doesn't always work with the case on. I've tried in multiple shops and on multiple contactless terminals with the case both on and off, and Android Pay works faultlessly with the case off.

So I'm using an almost identical phone (with an identical case), however, I'm having problems with Android Pay is places that I used it without issue with a regular Pixel.

Does anyone else use this case and have any issues with Android Pay? I contacted Spigen and they responded almost instantly, but claim they've not had any other issues reported.

I can only assume the NFC antenna is in a different place but cannot find exactly where it is. Anyone know?

Google Pixel XL Case, Spigen® [Crystal Shell]*
Shock-Absorb [Crystal Clear]*https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B01LZGC...ag=hawk-future-21&ascsubtag=UUacUvbUpU5619773

Last edited:

N4Newbie

Trusted Member
Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
Best guess is that it is just below the rear camera and a bit more towards the center of the phone. Think of a diagonal line passing through the rear camera and the fingerprint sensor - it's roughly on the center of that line.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bacxiu