Play Store: Google Now Launcher now available

JeffDenver

Banned
May 3, 2010
Visit site
Re: GEL Launcher now available for all on the Play store

It does have swipable Google Now...does not have voice-only activation from the home screen. =(

mcshaggin

Feb 9, 2011
Visit site

Someone please post a screen grab of the home screen on a Nexus 4. I hear the icons are too big and there is no uninstall function. Want to see before I install.

someguy01234

Nov 9, 2011
Visit site

It said my Moto X isn't compatible (which work fine sideloaded), but my Galaxy Nexus is.

It does have swipable Google Now...does not have voice-only activation from the home screen. =(
Did you make sure: Set all the languages to English, go to Settings - Voice - Offline speech recognition and make sure English package is installed.

sent via tapatalk

someguy01234

Nov 9, 2011
Visit site

Someone please post a screen grab of the home screen on a Nexus 4. I hear the icons are too big and there is no uninstall function. Want to see before I install.

There is no reason why it should be uninstallable, unless someone flashed it to their system on a rooted phone. The icon will be big and last I remembered you only get 4x4 icon rows in the drawer with the DPI set to 320. If your DPI is set to 316, you will get 5x4 rows.

sent via tapatalk

JeffDenver

Banned
May 3, 2010
Visit site

This is just a normal launcher. It is uninstallable like any launcher. At least the play Store version is.

dizzle16

May 4, 2011
Visit site
It is totally installable. I've been running it on my stock Motorola g for a week. It's been available for like over a month now. I sideloaded it.

y4ebeqyp.jpg

u8yjutyd.jpg

e8y5u4a6.jpg

bydajyse.jpg

Sent from my XT1031 using Tapatalk

someguy01234

Nov 9, 2011
Visit site
I would like to take this opportunity.

Can people please stop calling it GEL now. GEL DOESN'T EXIST. THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS GEL, there never were from the beginning. It's called Google Now Launcher.

Last edited by a moderator:

dizzle16

May 4, 2011
Visit site
You sure this is the Google Now Launcher? You chat icon isn't the G+ that it's supposed to be.

You tell me

ery5ubyg.jpg

Yes I am sure. I use the stock messaging app. Not hangouts for sms. Hangouts is the only option on Google phones but the stock messaging app is available on the play store anyway.

Feel better now

usu5age6.jpg

Sent from my XT1031 using Tapatalk

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
It's good to see Google put this outs for more devices. Hopefully soon it will be available to non Nexus/GPe devices (officially).

Sent from my Nexus 5 using AC Forums mobile app

VDub2174

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Dec 28, 2009
Visit site
I went to the Play Store to try and download it. Apparently I already have it installed.....lol

I think it came with the ROM I flashed.

Sent from my Anthem filled Note 3

erwaso

Mar 11, 2011
Visit site
I would like to take this opportunity.

Can people please stop calling it GEL now. GEL DOESN'T EXIST. THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS GEL, there never were from the beginning. It's called Google Now Launcher.

I picture your avatar, Jackie Chan with his wtf face, saying this. i LOL'd

Last edited by a moderator:

zkSharks

Retired Moderator
Mar 15, 2011
Visit site
I'm glad to see 'proper' support for the launcher expanding. After all, the expansion of Google Now into the homescreen environment has been talked about for a while. While I do miss the fine-grained control that third-party launchers may give you, the Google Now Launcher has been great so far on the Nexus 5.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pauloxcavalcante