Please Help, I think I brick my phone

nepotist

Feb 21, 2014
Visit site
Hello,

I will mention every thing I did since Yesterday so that it can help you guys in helping me.

1) I used the following link to root my phone

Galaxy Note Root Guide | Root Galaxy Note

I was successfull.

2) After the first step, I connected my phone to Kies and it said there is a upgrade version available and I did upgrade it to 4.3.
3) Worked fine, but when I went to install Titanium Backup, it gave me a message saying that root access was denied and I need to root my device, smiliar message was given by SuperUser app.

4) So I followed the instructions from this thread and was able to successfully complete till Step 4 (A) provided in the following link
[REF] Start up guide for rooting, recovery, ROMs, de-brick, and tether updated 05/23 - xda-developers

After completion of step 4 (A), my phone rebooted itself and freezes at SAMSUNG screen.

Can someone please help me fix this, If I need to post this thread somewhere else, please let me know.

Thank
Nepo

PS: I can still however go to the CMW recovery screen.

UJ95x

Retired Ambassador
Aug 26, 2013
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central :)
This looks like a soft brick so far. Boot into CWM and wipe cache partition. Then see if it boots up normally again

xceeder

Jan 3, 2014
Visit site
Connect to your pc but don't use kies, connect as a normal mass storage and go on Google and get the stock rom for the note and place onto SD card then reboot your phone into recovery and flash the stock rom if an update comes through then accept it then start the rooting process... I hope this helps and I've wrote it clear enough for you

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

UJ95x

Retired Ambassador
Aug 26, 2013
Visit site
Connect to your pc but don't use kies, connect as a normal mass storage and go on Google and get the stock rom for the note and place onto SD card then reboot your phone into recovery and flash the stock rom if an update comes through then accept it then start the rooting process... I hope this helps and I've wrote it clear enough for you

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

You can't flash stock ROMs in recovery mode...
Only Odin or the mobile Odin app work for flashing those.
OP, get a stock tar file and flash it with Odin like you did with the root file. This will give you stock recovery and break root but it'll probably fix the issue

Sent from my Galaxy S4 running SlimKat 4.4.2

nepotist

Feb 21, 2014
Visit site
Thanks UJ,

I found a ATT stock ROM and was able to finally get it started. It gave many errors that with for all the apps were crashing. So i finally have a back up of my contacts and necessary stuff.
I am now willing to mess with my phone as much as I can.

Could you please tell me how can I get this device updated? If possible provide me with a working links with instructions.

(I have tried previous links, but now I get a error message in Odin "Cannot Open Serial/com (Port)")
I would greatly appreciate it.

Also can please tell me how to update my CMW recovery.

Thanks!

Edit:
Got everything to work.
Thanks

Last edited: