Please help

dirtstink

May 10, 2010
Visit site
I have had my Moto Droid since January and everything has been fine until last night/today. All of the sudden my Droid keeps either resetting and turning back on randomly or just not turning on at all unless I have it plugged in and charging. From where it stands now unless its plugged in, it wont turn on but when its plugged in it just keeps resetting itself over and over. So now I have no idea what to do I'm kind of crippled with out a working phone. Anyone have any suggestions or know what could be wrong with it? Any help would be greatly appreciated and let me know if any further information on my part is required.
Thanks.

Jared DiPane

Feb 7, 2010
www.twitter.com
Hm. This is a bit troubling. Have you downloaded any new applications recently? Do you have a custom or stock rom?

I would personally try a factory reset on the device and see if that clears the issues up. Let me know about the first questions first though.

dirtstink

May 10, 2010
Visit site
I have the stock Rom, and as far as new apps/updates the only thing I have gotten recently is layer but one of the first things I did was uninstall it. I also uninstalled advanced task killer because I read that those kinds of apps have caused problems in the past. No help though

Jared DiPane

Feb 7, 2010
www.twitter.com
I would personally recommend a device wipe, if you dont mind to redownload your applications after it. The process is rather simple if you are willing to give it a shot...

Jared DiPane

Feb 7, 2010
www.twitter.com
Ok, turn the phone off to start.

1) Slide open the keyboard
2) Press and hold the X Key, then press the power button
3) Once device turns on, release power, continue to hold X
4) Press volume up and camera button at the same time (works best to do volume up a split second before camera)
5) Scroll to wipe data/factory reset
6) Click this, then scroll down to the yes option and click this
7) Let it do its thing, then reset the device when it prompts

Jared DiPane

Feb 7, 2010
www.twitter.com
It will erase them only if they are stored on your device. Most of the time, media is stored on a memory card though. The contacts will pull from Google again, where they are synced.

dirtstink

May 10, 2010
Visit site
did the factory reset and after i rebooted it, it reset on me again and still wont run if its not plugged into the charger, am I just out of luck?

Jared DiPane

Feb 7, 2010
www.twitter.com
Honestly, I would take it back to a Verizon store, let them know you just factory reset, and have the same issues. That would definitely be hardware related.

R

Roy Aguilera

Deffenitely, either your battery ate it or your hardware is bad. check your battery status. Settings>About Phone>Battery

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
John Anthony