Please tell me I sign wrong!!!

wildman

Jul 9, 2010
Visit site
I am hoping I missed something, please tell me this isn't true.... From all I have seen I haven't heard or seen anything on a HDMI out on the HTC Thunderbolt, has anyone heard anything to say different because I can not believe they didn't give any way for video out.... No dual core and HDMI removed, what are they thinking?

Basically that makes it a down grade from the EVO, all other features match the EVO andthen they cut out key features..

Please tell me this isn't true.... ALSO I CAN FORGET THAT 4G ISNT IN MY AREA AND PROJECT WONT BE FOR A LITTLE WHILE.. NOT GOOD...

panicprone77

Feb 8, 2011
Visit site
I am hoping I missed something, please tell me this isn't true.... From all I have seen I haven't heard or seen anything on a HDMI out on the HTC Thunderbolt, has anyone heard anything to say different because I can not believe they didn't give any way for video out.... No dual core and HDMI removed, what are they thinking?

Basically that makes it a down grade from the EVO, all other features match the EVO andthen they cut out key features..

Please tell me this isn't true.... ALSO I CAN FORGET THAT 4G ISNT IN MY AREA AND PROJECT WONT BE FOR A LITTLE WHILE.. NOT GOOD...

All other features are not equal to the EVO and no HDMI port

blizz419

Feb 5, 2011
Visit site
yes there is DLNA & the specs do not match the Evo there is %50 more RAM a 2nd generation snapdragon CPU thats more efficient and has a much improved GPU and 8GB of internal storage and a 32GB micro SD card adding up to 40GB out of the box and has a SLCD screen which is an improvment over the Evo

Mustang7303

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site
DLNA support has been added in lue of a HDMI port to provide wireless strreaming of media content from the Thunderbolt to newer TV's and Xbox360's or PS3's, among many DLJA devices. Additionaly, the TB is an upgrade in every category to the Evo, from construction, camers, processor, memoery, storage, screen, even the kickstand.

rob22202

Feb 14, 2011
Visit site
Do that many people actually use the HDMI out? I had it with my DroidX and never used it. I guess because is had limited capabilities.

biff6789

Aug 28, 2010
Visit site
...Basically that makes it a down grade from the EVO, all other features match the EVO andthen they cut out key features...

I promise I'm not saying this to flame-bait, but rather to help :)

You'd be surprised how many features in the TB exceed those in the EVO. Here's a semi-poorly formatted list of just a few areas:

Processor - TB: 2nd Gen 1 GHz, 45 nm Evo: 1st Gen 1 GHz, 65 nm
GPU - TB: Adreno 205 Evo: Adreno 200
4G - TB: LTE (12 mbps down) Evo: WiMAX (5-6 mbps down)
New Sense - TB: Yes Evo: No
RAM - TB: 768 Evo: 512
Storage - TB: 8 GB Evo: 1 GB
SD Card - TB: 32 GB Evo: 8 GB
Screen - TB: SuperLCD Evo: LCD

Furthermore, the TB has a more robust kickstand which can be used in both portrait and landscape modes and has a large surround sound speaker underneath said kickstand as well. The TB also has an SVDO radio and can do data and voice at the same time (great for when tethering, using navigation, etc)

The TB is in improvement in almost every way over the Evo. The choice to add DLNA is so that you get HDMI functionality, but wirelessly (which is the new trend these days)

Hope this helps in your decision! :D

Reactions: zshazz

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nssimpson