Polaris Office

rochaedkj

Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
Before JB I was using Polaris Office to create doc, but now I can only read them and not create one. I had also create a short cut using QuickShortcut to acces and it doesn't work any more.

Mikey47

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
Sure you can! There's just an extra step. Open Polaris Office, then click on "Type", then click on the menu (three dots) then click on New.

Merry Christmas!

crxssi

Linux: The power beneath
May 31, 2010
Visit site
Sure you can! There's just an extra step. Open Polaris Office, then click on "Type", then click on the menu (three dots) then click on New.

As mentioned in other threads, you can't "open" the Polaris Office pre-installed on the Evo. Creating a launcher for it results only in an "Invalid File" text box.

Mikey47

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
As mentioned in other threads, you can't "open" the Polaris Office pre-installed on the Evo. Creating a launcher for it results only in an "Invalid File" text box.

Huh? You sure can! Works just fine on my HTC EVO 4G LTE. Follow my simple steps above.

Can't find Polaris Office? Use one of the shortcut apps, or just use Google search: open Google Search and type "Polaris Office", the app will show up, click on it and follow my steps above.

Look at my two screen shots that show I was just able to do what you say was impossible crxssi!

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1356414119485.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1356414119485.jpg
    79.3 KB · Views: 39
  • uploadfromtaptalk1356414131071.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1356414131071.jpg
    46.5 KB · Views: 38

Mikey47

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
Huh? You sure can! Works just fine on my HTC EVO 4G LTE. Follow my simple steps above.

Can't find Polaris Office? Use one of the shortcut apps, or just use Google search: open Google Search and type "Polaris Office", the app will show up, click on it and follow my steps above.

Look at my two screen shots that show I was just able to do what you say was impossible crxssi!

Here's creating a new document.

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1356414507453.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1356414507453.jpg
    51.1 KB · Views: 28

Robynsnest

Apr 14, 2012
Visit site
I can't open Polaris Office. I created a shortcut but keep getting the message "unsupported file" I tried to look at the play store to ensure I had the latest version and it tells me that my device is not compatible.

Mikey47

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
I can't open Polaris Office. I created a shortcut but keep getting the message "unsupported file" I tried to look at the play store to ensure I had the latest version and it tells me that my device is not compatible.

Did you try going through Google search like i mentioned above?

Robynsnest

Apr 14, 2012
Visit site
yes and weirdly that would not work. However, I added the app folder organizer and was able to add a shortcut that works?!? I previously had the app QuickShortcut and that did not work. Weird! But it is working now, many thanks!

rochaedkj

Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
Here is info on how to get the Polaris Office Shortcut to show up. Easiest way is to use ES File Explorer. Set the default in the application viewer to "all" and then tap on Polaris and make a shortcut. Just make sure you have space for a short cut on one of the launcher screens.

How to: Polaris Office on EVO. Its system-hidden - xda-
developers

I had downloaded ES file explorer but failed to set default to view all ....after the suggestion I was able to create a shortcut that works....yahooooo

crxssi

Linux: The power beneath
May 31, 2010
Visit site

I did try the quickshortcutmaker several times. It does not work.

And I did try the Google search several times (voice search) and it didn't pull up apps. THEN I tried the "type it into the bar" search thing, and sure enough, it launches. Without a shortcut, it is not terribly useful, however. I wonder how Google search is launching it while quickshortcutmaker doesn't- the makers only find a single "Polaris" anything? Hmm. I did note the title of the program is "HTC Files", but when I search for that in shortcut maker, it finds nothing. Scrolled through everything "HTC", nothing. Scrolled through everything "files", nothing. Even looked through tasks running trying to find it and see nothing!

EDIT: Was able to FINALLY create a shortcut by using ES File Explorer-> App mananger-> Category-> All. I am guessing their licensing agreement with Polaris probably required they "hide" it.

J-Dam

Mar 16, 2011
Visit site
EDIT: Was able to FINALLY create a shortcut by using ES File Explorer-> App mananger-> Category-> All. I am guessing their licensing agreement with Polaris probably required they "hide" it.

That's what i did. Although i got there a different way(ie: it wasn't in "All").

mfreeland

Apr 26, 2011
Visit site
I've been using either Polaris or Kingsoft Office for a long time, but have switched over to Quick Office when I got my iPad. Last year it was a great paid app. Since then Google bought it and made it free across all platforms including Android. Really straight forward and easy to use to create, edit or just read Office Docs.....and you can actually put a shortcut on your screen....lol.

Ignacio Gomez

Dec 5, 2015
Visit site
Before JB I was using Polaris Office to create doc, but now I can only read them and not create one. I had also create a short cut using QuickShortcut to acces and it doesn't work any more.
I was just working on a document it saved I went to look up a word on Google you know because I'm not all that educated and the government says I might be dumb because I don't have my g.e.d. but the point is I closed out and lost my word document on my Polaris office 5 any idea on how I can find it I have 4 options ext. Memory ...as memory or my2 emails... Where is it located?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pvagmailaccounts