Police Chase caught on my Evo...

d3xn2o

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
HAHAHA the Cop in the middle is my Buddie Eddie My friend showed him the pic and he said holy F thats me!

This is priceless he was just telling us about this Chase and here it is...

evolvedsapien

Jun 10, 2010
Visit site
What settings are you using for your video. It looks good.

Ya it was a WILD experience man. Crazy is the only word I can use. I thought I would only see something like that in the movies lol. I was looking for Bruce Willis for a second there! LOL.... There was a crazy car chase a few hours earlier not too far from Leonia to North Bergen. Car slammed into a building. My girl thought it was a bad idea too to record but I figured it's Jersey City... Cops have bigger things to worry about lol.

I used the default settings with the flicker adjustment to 60hz. I called the Star Ledger because it wasn't in the news anywhere. He's gonna follow up with it. I told him to make sure he tells them it was taken on an Evo lol... Btw, am I the only one that thinks its kind of funny that despite the dudes truck being smashed up, the fact that we both had Evo's was enough for him to smile!

WVGA 800x480?

Dude what settings what settings r u using those videos look real good...

To the OP, what you posted was crazy and all...but you haven't shared what your settings were exactly to record the videos. You simply reply with a vague reply of "default settings". I mean what resolution exactly...WVGA? VGA?

Please be more specific; it will help...thanks.

Jerzyiroc

May 19, 2010
Visit site
To the OP, what you posted was crazy and all...but you haven't shared what your settings were exactly to record the videos. You simply reply with a vague reply of "default settings". I mean what resolution exactly...WVGA? VGA?

Please be more specific; it will help...thanks.

Holy crap my bad! I thought I made a second post about it with the details. I had it at 720P with all the settings at default except the flicker adjustment was set to 60hz.

evolvedsapien

Jun 10, 2010
Visit site
Btw OP..you mentioned you changed the 'flicker adjustment' setting to 60 hz...what's the advantage/purpose of changing it to that setting. I'm curious.

Jerzyiroc

May 19, 2010
Visit site
Btw OP..you mentioned you changed the 'flicker adjustment' setting to 60 hz...what's the advantage/purpose of changing it to that setting. I'm curious.

I actually didn't do it on purpose. I had taken a picture earlier that day of something that was on my laptop screen. To prevent the flicker from the laptop screen to show in the picture I changed it to 60hz but forgot to change it back. I honestly have NO idea if that increased the video quality. That's something that someone more savy with video camera technology would have to tell you.
As a side note... I was using it at 60hz for a little while because it seemed to have fixed my problem with 720P video playback on the phone being extremely choppy. But it eventually started playing back choppy again so I just put it back to auto. Until earlier that day as I stated before. Hopefully someone with more knowledge on video recording can chime in about if it actully helped or not.

Last edited:

NicksGarage

May 18, 2010
Visit site
I gotta remember to use the video camera when I see stuff happening on the road. My old phone sucked so bad at it that I don't even think to use it.

You might want to get yourself a video editing program so you can put all those into one video. If you use Windows vista or 7, Windows Live Movie Maker is an easy program you just drop in the videos (and/or pictures) and ba da bing ba da boom, you got one movie.

Jerzyiroc

May 19, 2010
Visit site
I gotta remember to use the video camera when I see stuff happening on the road. My old phone sucked so bad at it that I don't even think to use it.

You might want to get yourself a video editing program so you can put all those into one video. If you use Windows vista or 7, Windows Live Movie Maker is an easy program you just drop in the videos (and/or pictures) and ba da bing ba da boom, you got one movie.

That and bleep all the curses :X

umdivx

Aug 24, 2010
Visit site
That's the result of my girls dad ricer her car out (we were in her car) and about 3 years of Arizona sun beaming on the paint lol... Before my surgery i was going to junkyards getting stock parts little by little. Once I'm more mobile then I'm gonna get the rest and swap it out. It's horrid.

suuuurrrrreeeee.... we all know you ricered out that Focus ;)

Jerzyiroc

May 19, 2010
Visit site
suuuurrrrreeeee.... we all know you ricered out that Focus ;)

HELL NO!! Lol. NOOO rice for meeeeeeeeeeee. Even my old Civic was clean as hell

I totaled my last car :\ Driving in rain with slicks = not a good idea. Now I'm driving a Beretta until I can save up for a Trans Am or possibly a RX7. I've been on workers comp all year which sucks cuz it's hard to save on what they pay. Cheap bastards!!

My last car:

Photo-0036.jpg

Car before that:

Camaro.jpg

camaro2.jpg

No ricers for me lol...

Jerzyiroc

May 19, 2010
Visit site
meh. this happens 10 times a day in L.A.

Happens quite often around here too. Hell la few hours before that there was a 5 mile police chase that ended with the car going through a house. But it's not every day that you get to catch at least the aftermath on cam, especially from an Evo!