Poll : What do you feel about Touchwiz?

What do you feel about Touchwiz

• Total voters

Isc73

Dec 31, 2013
Visit site
Re: Poll : What do you feel about Touchwiz ?

IMO it's pretty good. I wish that we could customize more such as the way the wallpapers work. I also can't wait for the UI changes seen on the Note Pro 12.2, and the galaxy s5. Hopefully they come out for the current phones and tablets (note 3, s4).

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk

graysonk95

Aug 10, 2012
Visit site

As far as the look and features, it's allright.
I've been using Nova Launcher Prime for a few months and prefer it for all of its customization. Plus you can still retain the Touchwiz 'look' if you so please.

Posted via Android Central App

toober

Jan 5, 2014
Visit site

Eh, it's there, I'm there. As long as it works and opens the apps when i want it to, it's ok.

UJ95x

Retired Ambassador
Aug 26, 2013
Visit site
UI is OK. I don't think it's ugly like others claim, or too colorful. It's not the best, but it's certainly not the worst.
The performance though, is worse than it should be considering the specs on their flagships. TouchWiz is the reason for that, and I think it should be trimmed down and improved. Hope the GS5 does that

Sent from my Galaxy S4 running SlimKat 4.4.2

benhaube

Jan 1, 2014
Visit site
UI is OK. I don't think it's ugly like others claim, or too colorful. It's not the best, but it's certainly not the worst.
The performance though, is worse than it should be considering the specs on their flagships. TouchWiz is the reason for that, and I think it should be trimmed down and improved. Hope the GS5 does that

Sent from my Galaxy S4 running SlimKat 4.4.2

It won't

Sent from my SCH-I545 using AC Forums mobile app

graysonk95

Aug 10, 2012
Visit site
Touchwiz launcher is only partially to blame for how poorly the phone performs.
Compare stock Android on the Google Play S4 to our bloated excuse for Android and the performance difference is easily noticeable.
I love Samsung and like the features Touchwiz offers, but the performance drop just isn't worth it. My next Galaxy S will surely be the Google Play edition.

Sanjay Chandra

Jul 31, 2013
Visit site
Touchwiz launcher is only partially to blame for how poorly the phone performs.
Compare stock Android on the Google Play S4 to our bloated excuse for Android and the performance difference is easily noticeable.
I love Samsung and like the features Touchwiz offers, but the performance drop just isn't worth it. My next Galaxy S will surely be the Google Play edition.

Really ?

You will buy GPE only for the sake of smooth scrolling homescreens ?

Stock Android vs. TouchWiz, Which Is Faster? (Galaxy S4) - YouTube

Tsepz_GP

Apr 20, 2013
Visit site
Nothing to complain about here. I've been happy with TouchWiz since my Galaxy S2, I thoroughly enjoyed it in my GS3 and same on my GS4, it's functional, its fast and helps with productivity with its S Memo, S Planner, Multi window multi task and memory clipboard amongst other things, I also appreciate the built-in Yahoo! Stocks and News apps, and the TW Music player with all it's customisation reminds me of the Nokia Nseries Music Player that was also so highly customisable to what I want.

I've tried NovaLauncher, GO Launcher, ADW Launcher, Apex Launcher, Holo Launcher, LauncherPro etc... I've tried the best of them, and as happy as I was with some, they just didn't totally do it for me.

graysonk95

Aug 10, 2012
Visit site
You will buy GPE only for the sake of smooth scrolling homescreens ?

Stock Android vs. TouchWiz, Which Is Faster? (Galaxy S4) - YouTube
Yes, nothing aggravates me more than the lag fits these phones go through which seems to impact home screen performance the most, plus something always gets butchered in our updates and there's no fix for months, if ever.

I buy Samsung phones for the hardware (removable battery and microSD support too), not the UI or useless features they cram on. If others didn't feel the same as I do, the GPE wouldn't exist in the first place.
Granted, stock Android isn't as pretty as Touchwiz, but looks really don't matter when you have to reboot 2-3 times a day because you're stuck in a lag fit.

ellisroy

Mar 17, 2014
Visit site
Touchwiz sucks. Used apex on old phone and now use next 3d launcher with holo lockscreen and holo notifications. All i want is speed and memory. Could care less about the other features. May if i could use them with another launcher i would explore their features

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rambo4id