Poll: Whose turned off by the $10 buy up for the Evo?

Are you turned off by the $10 buy up

• Total voters

Brett636

May 3, 2010
Visit site
Frankly, Sprint could have avoided this whole situation(ie implementing a 4G tax) by NOT pricing the EVO near the same price of the iPhone. It should have gone something like this:

• Full Retail Price: $689 (Subsidized price + $250, ie like it is today)
  • 2-yr contract price: $439 ($689 - $150 Subsidy - $100 rebate)

People would still buy it at $439 and thats the same they would get with the 4G tax ( $439 = $199 + $240 (ie $10 for 2 yrs))

Your right as there are several better ways to go about charging this extra fee, but Sprint took the worst one IMHO. As mentioned before its akin to them peeing on your head and telling you its rain. All I want is to pay for the services that I can receive where I live. Is that too much to ask?

I couldnt agree with you more...Hope you enjoy Att/verizon/Tmobile..

In this country, we vote with our checkbooks on issues like this; if it bothers you, take your money elsewhere; if it doesn't, get ready to enjoy the best smartphone in the world for now!

You would be correct, the best smartphone in the world will be the EVO for about 3 days because the new iphone gets announced June 7. I don't want to leave Sprint, but I don't feel they value me as a customer either. Decisions decisions....

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Abdul Ali