Poor Signal

vinscully

Jun 18, 2012
Visit site
Just got a One S and have to say I'm very dissapointed in signal strenght, which is not a problem i've ever had with any other phone I've owned, even the crap ones.

What I wanted to know is, is this fixable and would rooting help?

I do have the latest update and that seems to have changed nothing.

Thanks

venious

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
Rooting won't fix signal issues unless you can flash the firmware of your radio with an updated version. However, just because the signal looks lower doesn't mean much. Are you having an actual issue with calls or data?

Sent from my HTC One S on T-Mobile

vinscully

Jun 18, 2012
Visit site
Both. Wireless is obviously fine but signal is awful for web and calls. I know it's a phone issue because I've always had good reception with every other phone I've had and also, having looked a bit more around google this isn't just a USA problem, there are threads saying the same thing from the UK as well.

I sent it back and will probably get an Amaze or an S3 depending on what sort of deal I can get.

juxeroc

Oct 11, 2011
Visit site
I also have poor signal problems.my HTC g2 has way better signal.4g worked with no problems.mostly everywhere I went I had good signal with my g2.anyways how can this be fixed by t Mobile or is there something I can do with my phone?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
carlgulliver